HRR216k5 Carburetor Insulator

Mission76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I’m trying to repair my Honda HRR216k5vxa mower. It was leaking gas and was hard to start so I took the carburetor out and cleaned it. While using the Honda schematic to put it all back together I noticed that I was missing the carburetor insulator that was in the diagram.

My mower has a part that looks exactly like this part however it’s permanently mounted to the engine. I ordered another one and lined everything up according to the diagram however I cannot get the two screws that hold it all together to catch and screw in with the second carb insulator on. When I took the one insulator out, it all screwed in

Did I just read the schematic wrong and my mower has this piece permantly attached? Or does the mower take two of these pieces and im just not lining it up right.

The #schematic is here...the part I’m talking about is #12
https://www.hondalawnparts.com/oemparts/a/hpe/505ce4c5f870022d24bdc92b/carburetor

Thanks for any help. Right now I put it all back together again and it’s still surging a lot but it does run again and doesn’t seem to be leaking gas anymore.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Over time #16, #12 & # 13 will glue themselves quite tightly together & to the engine cylinder.
The bowl vents via this spacer and it is quite common to find the vent passage clogged up with gum from modern fuels which are nothing like petrol.

HurstGN

Threads
Bert's right. The spacer is just stuck to the cylinder. Look at the replacement. You will see a small channel in that spacer. The carb needs that channel to be clean and in the correct position to prevent surging, along with all the gaskets in the correct orientation to prevent surging. Pull it apart, take that old spacer off the cylinder and pit it all back together paying close attention to the orientation of the spacer and gaskets and you'll be good to go. Been there, done that.