LT155 Kohler CV15S No fuel flowing out of new pump

iowackers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,
JD LT155. Went to start it last weekend, no start. Have spark, full of fuel. Dump a little fuel in carb and it fires right up. Removed outlet line from fuel pump. No fuel coming out while cranking. Installed new fuel pump. Same thing. Filter is new. Fuel flows out of filter when I remove it from pump inlet. It is a mechanical pump that runs off of shaft. No vacuum.

What am I missing here???

Thanks,
Scott

iowackers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes that is the fuel pump I installed. I do not believe the pickup is plugged as fuel flows out the filter very well when I disconnect it from the fuel pump inlet. When I crank the fuel filter fills with fuel so I know it is getting to the pump, but nothing comes out the pump outlet.

iowackers

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / LT155 Kohler CV15S No fuel flowing out of new pump
So it looks like it was either a bad "New" fuel pump or the lobe on the shaft broke or something. I installed a $5 electric fuel pump and it runs like a champ again. Not sure if they make those shafts like some new car camshafts where they put the lobes on a hollow shaft and run a ball bearing down the shaft to sedge them in place. Anyway it is up and running again.