Scag blades upside down

skaliwag1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am trying to be open minded...But....... A friend has a Tiger Cat II 52" cut. He just discovered that his yardman has been putting the mulching blades on upside down. I saw him take the blades off and all three had grass clogged up in the slots of the mulching part of the blades. The yardman told him the blades cut better this way. Has anyone ever heard of this? Thanks for any responses.:confused2:

MowLife

Threads
That yard man is on drugs. There is no benefit using blades upside down. More damage to the spindles if anything.

Sweats

Threads
I honestly thought for a moment that this was a misplaced post from around the beginning of April.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Very common to find the AYP wavy mulching blade to be fitted upside down.
Considering the blade & all of the after market blades are stamped "GRASS SIDE" right where you would see it when putting the blade nut on I really wonder if you should have to pass an IQ test before being allowed to buy a mower.
And yes I have found the odd person who tells me it mows better with them upside down.
What actually does happen is it chops up the clippings a lot lot finer so there is never any clumping but it does make a mess of the cut on each blade of grass.