Cub Cadet LT46 Handle Problem

Marvinator

Threads
This is a brand new Cub Cadet LT46. I just unpacked it and am learning to use it (my first riding mower ever!)

Problem: on the right of the seat are both the handle for the deck height and the handle to engage/disengage the blades. But, as you can see, the deck height handle blocks the blade handle! I have to use two hands and pull the deck height handle toward the seat in order to use the engage/disengage handle.

This is not something the end user installs (at least it wasn't me LOL) so I'm wondering if I'm not understanding their use or if this is something I need to bring to the attention of the company.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Cub_hndls.jpg
    Cub_hndls.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 17

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
They should just unscrew by grabbing them and twisting
They might be on the wrong rods.i noticed the back one is shaped different, or it looks that way
Definitely weird.

Marvinator

Threads
You're saying just reverse the rubber handles? I'm not sure, but I'll take a look and see if that helps.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
maybe, because in the picture it looks like the one that engages the blade is slanted toward the seat... or maybe im just :confused2:
Look at the 11:00 minute time stamp and little after, shows the handles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w6AQRxIaJY
Or, can you get the deck height handle behind the engagement handle? so you can engage the blades then lower the deck.
looking at the engagement handle in the video, it almost looks like your rod has too much of a bend in it below the fender., or its an optical illusion

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Somewhere between the factory & your lawn that handle has been bent.
Could have been anyone and everyone will blame some one else
Take a couple of photos of the lever , print them out then go see the dealer.
People do silly things like use the levers as tie down points .

Marvinator

Threads
I see what you mean.

Question: Is there any way I could remove the handle and bend it back to where it needs to be?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Because of spring back you will need to remove the lever to do it.
Not a particular difficult job, just fiddly.

Marvinator

Threads
I called the Warranty people and they directed me to a service center. The service center would be happy to do the work, IF I could get the mower to them. No way to do that and didn't want to pay them $75-100 per trip to pick it up. With a little forethought, I placed a couple of 2x4 blocks and used a couple of pry bars and got the dang thing back where it belongs.

Thanks for all the input!!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Glad you got it worked out!:thumbsup: