No power/boggs down

Todd J

Threads
I have a 54" Magnum Bad Boy Mower with the 27 hp Briggs and Stratton engine. This thing has been a problem since day one. Now once again it stalls when mowing. Even if grass is only a couple of inches tall it will bog down and stop. It will barely cut at half speed. It acts as if only running on 1 cylinder. Engine has 250 hrs. I change oil, oil filter and air filter yearly. any ideas? I actually looking into swapping out engine to a Kawasaki.

Thanks for your help
Todd

MowLife

Threads
Have you confirmed both cylinders are working? Is there a differences in the spark plugs?

Todd J

Threads
Both plugs look the same. Replaced them a month ago. Pulled and checked and they seem fine.

Lawn Addict
Threads
But have you tested Both to actually see the fire ?

Todd J

Threads
yes they were both firing. I didn't check today when I went to use it because once it started it's crap again, I put it up and used my neighbors. I'll check it tomorrow.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you have a compression tester ?

Luffydog

Threads
Check the fuel lines they have plastic in them that will break down and poor fuel
Flow and also check the evap lines of it has them found them
Zipped tied to the frame and will not have enough air flow to breath in the tank causing little to no fuel
Flow.

Todd J

Threads
Checked compression----90# on both cylinders
Checked spark----- good spark on left cylinder....NO spark on right cylinder
I calling left and right as you sit on mower. Not sure if it's #1 or #2 cylinder.
Now what??? Coil? Could flywheel key be sheared enough to cause this?
Thanks for your help

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sheared flywheel key won't effect spark on electronic modules. Also if you are looking at the flywheel, the cylinder closest to the flywheel is #1 which I believe would be the right cylinder in our example. Unplug the kill wire to that module and see if you have spark. No spark, bad module.

Todd J

Threads
OK I'll admit it. I'm dumb. Where is this kill switch wire located? I see a module on left side of engine with 2 yellow and 1 red wire but no module on right side unless I'm blind also.
Thanks for helping the lawn mower challenged people