Bronco Headache

Ben1970

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a new Bronco this year...have use it about 7 times.
Last week the wife was cutting the grass (it had rained a bit the ground was ok to walk on or ride the lawmover).

Anyway the gras was about foot or so high and wet all of a sudden the blades stopped spinning and there was slight burning smell.

She stopped the lawnmover immediately and we hosed down underneath the blades thinking possibly extra grass was stuck in there...started her back up again and is the same issue.

Hoping someone can shed some light into what I should be looking at before I decided to bite the bullet and take in. Also the lever to engage the blades is not lose the tenstion seems fine.

Thanks

Ben

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Probably smoked the belt... Inspect the belt for any burn marks or flat spots on it.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
fairly common, usually when the grass gets tall and bunches up under the deck.
belt is on on the deck. A belt comes off the engine and around pulleys that spin the blades.
Any more info on the mower like a model number? should be located under the seat
Troy Bilt made a lot of Bronco mowers, remember there's a couple hundred miles and a screen between us and you so a model number is always handy so we can look at diagrams for the machine.

Ben1970

Forum Newbie
Threads
fairly common, usually when the grass gets tall and bunches up under the deck.
belt is on on the deck. A belt comes off the engine and around pulleys that spin the blades.
Any more info on the mower like a model number? should be located under the seat
Troy Bilt made a lot of Bronco mowers, remember there's a couple hundred miles and a screen between us and you so a model number is always handy so we can look at diagrams for the machine.

Thank you I was able to fix the issue...clumps and clumps of grass were in between the belt and pulley / gear. So we cleaned it up thoroughly.

Greatly appreciate the help!!!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And please avoid using water to remove grass, particularly wet grass.