I Need Help Troubleshooting My Pressure Washer

msdss

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy Bilt Pressure Washer 875exi, and I can't for the life of me get it to start.
I bought it new about a year ago, used it once, and it's been sitting in my garage since then.

It is one of the models that doesn't have a choke, you just set the power switch to on ( | ) and yank the starter chord.

Unfortunately when I do that, engine doesn't even try to turn over. It doesn't sputter or anything.

Here are the things I've tried...
  • I pulled the float bowl off and cleaned the brass fitting (it was 100% clogged and disgusting).
  • I sprayed a ton of carburetor cleaner into the butterfly.
  • I completely drained the fuel tank, and re-filled with new gasonline.
  • I verified that the spring, choke, etc, were all connected properly.
  • I pulled the spark plug and verified that there is a spark. The ground electrode on the spark plug was a little bent, but otherwise it looked OK.

I'm not sure what else to try. I don't really get into this sort of thing very much, if at all. I usually just stick to oil changes and brakes on cars. So I am completley out of my element here. I would appreciate some advice on things to try / check. I have no clue what I'm doing, so the more detailed the better.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
So you cleaned the holes in the bowl nut, correct?
those holes shoot the gas through another hole,
carb_rebuild_14.jpg

this isnt a picture of your carb, but where he is pulling that tube out, there is 1 hole that the bowl nut shoots the gas through and then into the carb throat. be sure that hole is clean.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lately I’ve had about two of these a week and everyone is the same problem, float level has change to a lean condition. Remove the carb and then remove the float bowl. Tip upside down and look at the float which should be either level or slightly down from the float pin. If it is up time to replace the float needle and seat. If you need a procedure to do so, let me know and I’ll post one.