35HP B&S

Tater50

Threads
Got an 05 Tiger; B&S 35HP Engine ID 613177011-E!. I have DONE a thorough search & cannot find out how to set the governor. Anyone got an idea? Pics below. Thanks B&S35Governor3.jpgB&S35Governor3.jpg

Attachments

• B&S35Governor2.jpg
    B&S35Governor2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 21

Luffydog

Threads
First what's leading you to believe it's the governor. Like what issues are you having reason why i ask it may or may not be the problem

Tater50

Threads
It's ran great w/the exception of RPMS being about 500 too low; for 4 years. I tried adjusting the governor & could not get it to work properly. Throttle adjustment got the RPMs up; then when I engaged the PTO to cut; it started to bog down & governor would not kick in w/a load. I replaced ALL bearings & seals in Gearbox; spindles have worked well. It has always run a little low on RPMs; about 3000-3200. Side by side my Exmark Lazer sounds much higher & cuts much better & moves faster. I greased the upper vertical governor rod that goes down into the engine; could be worn out. Going to reset Governor: some info states to turn linkages to open throttle then turn vertical governor nut CCW & retighten governor linkage; another search states a little different. I'll figure it out; not a 911.

Luffydog

Threads
I would first Check the throttle cable if not pulling correctly not going to throttle correctly. Loosen the nut you took a pic of the governor shaft. Hold throttle linkage to wide open turn the governor shaft countered clockwise while holding the wide open position and tighten nut. Make sure after you do this that the throttle linkage will move free with no biding and it should should move free. If you crank it and it goes to an over speed repeat the process but turn the governor shaft the other direction. I don't see your problem being in the governor itself sounds more like a spring or throttle cable issue. The carb always wants to run the engine wide open while the governor wants to run the engine slow as possible. Make to check the throttle cable and make sure it is going to wop before the static governor. Keep us posted.