New member and am looking forward to meeting everyone

lblong

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / New member and am looking forward to meeting everyone
Hello, I have been given I think a 1987 Toro GTS model 20462 21" with a 4-Cycle Suzuki Engine, 3 speed self-propelled with blade brake clutch. The reason I'm not certain is because the serial sticker is missing. It also has no fuel tank, no breather box and the carburetor has missing parts. Looking at the Toro manuals and online for images matching the Toro I have has led me to believe I pretty much have the year and model down but no serial number. In addition, I think the reason the mower is in such disrepair is because the missing parts would probably cost about $300, including screws and bolts and the like. Am looking for some guidance on this restoration. The engine has good compression and spark. Appears all the other mechanical parts are in good shape. But need to get a carb and fuel tank and air breather assembly to move ahead. Any help would be appreciated. Really need to take a lot of cost out of the parts. Reviews say that it's a real workhorse when properly kept. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Toro section.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome !

logan01

Threads
Not on here very often but I'd like to extend a big welcome.