lawn mower won't start. Please check my linkage (link to video)

Martini

Threads
  • / lawn mower won't start. Please check my linkage (link to video)
Craftsman Model: 247.37031

Briggs and Stratton Model: 126M02-6863-F1

I was mowing the lawn and engine died mowing long grass. Wouldn't start again. Had the problem of using old gas before so I figured I had the same problem again. Emptied tank, got new gas, still wouldn't work.

Put in new gas, still no joy. Cleaned carb. It was clean. Still wouldn't start. Not even a hint of it. Have spark. Carb fills with gas.

Desperate, I bought a new carb. Still nothing.

No idea what to do next other than have you folks look at the linkage and if I did anything stupid and see if there's a fix someone can recommend:

https://youtu.be/sgQ_uYSamdI

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Craftsman Model: 247.37031

Briggs and Stratton Model: 126M02-6863-F1

I was mowing the lawn and engine died mowing long grass. Wouldn't start again. Had the problem of using old gas before so I figured I had the same problem again. Emptied tank, got new gas, still wouldn't work.

Put in new gas, still no joy. Cleaned carb. It was clean. Still wouldn't start. Not even a hint of it. Have spark. Carb fills with gas.

Desperate, I bought a new carb. Still nothing.

No idea what to do next other than have you folks look at the linkage and if I did anything stupid and see if there's a fix someone can recommend:

https://youtu.be/sgQ_uYSamdI

Is the flywheel key ok?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks like it is set up right
Take the bolt that holds the flywheel off and the cup
There should be a rectangular slot cut in both the flywheel & the crankshaft
They should come together to make a perfect square.
If not then the flywheel needs to come off & the key replaced.
As you like to play on U_Boob go to
Taryl Fixes All or Donny Boy
search their channel for replacing Briggs & Stratton flywheel keys for video instructions.
Because you lot use bar blades whenever the blades hit something hard and some times even when it gets overwhelmed the key breaks so the engine spark goes out of time & the engine stops.