will not start, help

lovera3878

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello,
For the past few cuts my Ferris 1500 21hp kaw would not start when I turned the key. Nothing at all. However, then it would just start as if something just clicked. The battery is fine. Now it will not start at all. Just a click and no power. It must be electrical. The fuses are fine.
What do you think?

benski

Threads
Yes, it sounds like an electrical issue to me as well. Check the condition of your battery. Charge it up gently (2 amp rate), and then take it to a place that has a load tester. If it proves okay, you may have one or all of the following:
Bad ignition switch
Bad grounds or connections
Bad safety lock-out switches.
Good luck, check all the insulation on your wiring as well.

lovera3878

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, i will check the ignition switch. I replaced the solenoid and it did not fx it. However when I jump the terminals of the solenoid it starts. Maybe I bought a bad solenoid. Once I rule this out i am going for the ignition. Wires seem fine lthough i have not check the wires with an ohmmeter..

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks, i will check the ignition switch. I replaced the solenoid and it did not fx it. However when I jump the terminals of the solenoid it starts. Maybe I bought a bad solenoid. Once I rule this out i am going for the ignition. Wires seem fine lthough i have not check the wires with an ohmmeter..
Sounds like a safety switch is not made some place, could be seat switch, mower switch or clutch switch.:biggrin: