Repairs Actuator for brake pedal

Tedws

Threads
I have not been on in while, but does anyone know an easy way to but the actuator part on without taking half of the lawn tractor apart. I noticed that if I take the 2 bars that block where it goes I am afraid it will not go back together like it came apart. Any suggestions would be welcome THANKS VERY MUCH tedsemones@yahoo.com I think I need to tell you what it is on it's a cub cadet HDS 2185.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Pushmower,ride on mower, or Zero turn?

Tedws

Threads
Thanks mechanic Mark I look at the place that you told me, however it did not help me figure out how to get that actuator back in place. My hands are too big to get up in the tight space and I can't get both hands up there too hold the part and put the screw back in. I am really aggravated I have had this tractor on 12 inches of blocks to no help, it just lets me get my fat belly under the tractor a little easier. I am afraid to take the stuff loose that is in the way because I noticed there is a pretty heavy spring on the left side and I am concerned I may not be able to get the spring back on. So if you had any suggestions on what to do at this point I would be greatfull. I tired of crawling under this thing and not get any thing done,also my grass is too tall for my two Dachshunds. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe you can ask a neighbor, friend, fellow Church member or a couple young strong Kentucky bucks to lend a hand.

Tedws

Threads
Maybe you can ask a neighbor, friend, fellow Church member or a couple young strong Kentucky bucks to lend a hand.

Just got this problem fixed and I wanted pass on how I got it fixed. There are two metal bars that run across from right to left and they are held in by two bolts on each side, I took the two bolts on the side where the brake pedal is located and removed them and it dropped down just enough to get the actuator and the bolt to hold it on real easy. Then replaced the two bolts. It was really easy doing that way and did not have all the trouble trying to do it with the brake pedal in place.