Repairs LT 1050 PTO CLUTCH REMOVAL TO CHANGE DRIVE BELT

bebe30

Forum Newbie
Threads
HELP IS NEEDED !!! I have gotten the bolt out, on the bottom of the PTO but that clutch won't budge at all … I have to ask is there something else holding the assy. on the shaft ?? My mower is an early 2007 LT 1050 and this is the first drive belt I have had to put on it . It's been a fairly good mower.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I some times why I bother trying to help people.
The answer to your second identical post is the same as the answer to the previous one.
Apart from the assumption that as this is in the Cub sub section we are talking about a Cub Cadet LT 1050

1) Pulleys on the engine shaft pull strait down once the single retaining bolt is removed.
If this has not been done ever 4 to 5 years then it will be rusted on and will require some encouragement.
Try not to do it too vigerously while your noggin is directly below it should it suddenly give way and land hard on your hooter.

2) you do not remove the pulley , or fan for that matter from the transmission.
If there are some retaining bolts near the pulley you remove them, loop the belt through the fan then turn the fan round to get the belt underneath it

3) on some mowers you can loop the belt round the tranny pulley first and others require fitting to the engine shaft first.

4) don't know why you can not remove the battery, not much holds them in place

5) I like to stand tractor type mower upright ( I have a crane ) when working underneath them so I can see what I am doing and have clean access to all the bits.

Further to the above you can go to cub cadet and download your parts book operators manual & service manual .
If you look in the cub section Mark actually put a hot link directly to the Cub manuals page

bebe30

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the reply. I did not see my first post when I came back & checked it the 1st time so I posted it a second time. My bad... ANY SUGGESTIONS ?? , beside" pull harder" would really be great about now . Has anyone ever put" heat" on this pulley assy. and had good luck with it ??? Thank You.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Heat works well as will some penetrant then turning the PTO on & off ( no belt on but engine running ) a lot .
All used together works even better
Same effect as banging with a hammer but does less damage to the pulley.
If you use the turn on & off method leave the retaining bolt in loose so the clutch can not fall totally past the retainer or you will rip the wires out.

If you have the manual PTO a big bearing puller will some times work if there is a boss of some kind above it to grip onto.
Do not pull onto the pulleys itself as you will just bend it.