Simplicity 4000 throttle assembly

Threads
Bought an old Simplicity for 30 bucks. There is no response from the throttle because the throttle rod is not connected to the assembly.
I'm having a hard time figuring out how this is supposed to be connected.

I have tried it like this on the second picture but the throttle wont move when its attached like this.

throttle1.jpgthrottle.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To me it looks like the rod you have pictured is the choke rod. Please provide us with the model numbers for your engine, so we can find you a manual.

Threads
To me it looks like the rod you have pictured is the choke rod. Please provide us with the model numbers for your engine, so we can find you a manual.

Where on the engine can i find this?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Stamped on the top or side of the shroud (engine cover) if it is a Briggs, sticker on the side if it is a Kohler. Also find the simplicity numbers on the side of the frame.

Threads
simplicity1.jpgsimplicity 2.jpg

This is what i found on it. The sticker on the frame are a little worn out so this is the only number i could find that is readable

Threads
Threads
Finally got the gearbox i ordered from eBay as this was seized up when i bought the tractor.

I was promised a good working condition gearbox. The brakes where seized so the gearbox did not turn over.
Glad i checked this before i started it up. I used some brake cleaner and rust shock oil to get it moving again but the pins that engages the brakes trough the lever are seized up.
The brake disc are heavily corroded. Not my luck this one. I have reached out to the seller because this cost me nearly 400 dollars with shipping and import tax.
Looking at another 100-150 dollars just for the brake parts alone.

So if anybody knows anyone who can sell me the complete package i need with all the brake parts please tell me. (Must ship to Norway!) So i don't have to buy 4 separate items and pay shipping on all of these. Looking at 60-80 bucks just in shipping.

The parts i need has the following numbers. This is Tecumseh parts as they were the manufacturer of this gearboxes.

Brake disc: 790075 (58)
Brake unit: 790025 (Maybe is can get this fixed but a brand new one is preferable) (65)
Brake pads: 799021 (66)
Brake pins: 786026 x2 (60)

The numbers in bracket by the part numbers is the number on the parts manual i have attached here. brakeassembly.jpgseized1.jpg

Edit: I found on dealer that has brake disc and pads in stock for 65 dollars.

Last edited: