lt1050 clutch removal

bebe30

Forum Newbie
Threads
I,m changing my drive belt on my 2007 LT 1050 (for the 1st time) and I got the bolt in the bottom of the clutch out, but the clutch assy. won't budge. Is there something else holding it on ??? Also, I can't remove the battery( it's under the hood on my model), so how do I remove the fan over the rear pulley so I can pick up the pulley to put the belt on ???? ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am 16,000 miles away so can not quite see which LT 1050 you are talking about.
So the information will be very generic.
It might be correct for your mower or might not be correct

1) Pulleys on the engine shaft pull strait down once the single retaining bolt is removed.
If this has not been done ever 4 to 5 years then it will be rusted on and will require some encouragement.
Try not to do it too vigerously while your noggin is directly below it should it suddenly give way and land hard on your hooter.

2) you do not remove the pulley , or fan for that matter from the transmission.
If there are some retaining bolts near the pulley you remove them, loop the belt through the fan then turn the fan round to get the belt underneath it

3) on some mowers you can loop the belt round the tranny pulley first and others require fitting to the engine shaft first.

4) don't know why you can not remove the battery, not much holds them in place

5) I like to stand tractor type mower upright ( I have a crane ) when working underneath them so I can see what I am doing and have clean access to all the bits.