Mower starving for fuel

lqy7

Forum Newbie
Threads
Z121SKH-48 mower runs fine for about 15 minutes and then acts like it is starving for fuel. Idle it down and let it catch up and it will run for a while longer. You can mow with it half throttle. I have changed the fuel filter and the air filter and it still acts like it is starved for fuel. Help. Any suggestions.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Try loosening the fuel cap and see what happens.

lqy7

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will give it a try. Thanks

DrBT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Z121SKH-48 mower runs fine for about 15 minutes and then acts like it is starving for fuel. Idle it down and let it catch up and it will run for a while longer. You can mow with it half throttle. I have changed the fuel filter and the air filter and it still acts like it is starved for fuel. Help. Any suggestions.

Sounds like the fuel line has a crack in it and it is sucking some air

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When it stops, remove the fuel line and fuel cap.
Blow back into the fuel tank
If the problem goes away for a while , then the tank needs a clean.

lugbolt

Threads
My bet is on the pickup tube/shutoff valve assembly having a restriction inside of it. Not uncommon. There was a "recall" referencing it, depending on the serial number-and may be other updates available for it too. That program began in Jan 2016 and ends 1 Jan 2020 so don't put it off. Call your dealer and ask if the updates have been done to your mower's serial #.

Chevyracing

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is a campaign on those. Just like Lugbolt said the pickup tube is changed out. Depending on what deck you have there may also be a tension kit and belt guard kit too. The HST spring has a campaign on it too. I don't know if you have any of these resolved yet. Like Lugbolt also said it depends on s#

easye9inches

Forum Newbie
Threads
This maybe a similar problem, but here is my story about my Kubota ZG-124E.

As you can see via the video below, I am having this stuttering problem. It started to happen during the initial cut of 2019. So, in July and August I went all out to give it a badly needed tune up.

A) Got the blades sharpen.
B) Bought 2 new Pulleys and the serpentine belt.
C) Changed Oil and bought new oil filter.
D) Bought new air filter.
E) Bought new fuel pump and fuel filter.
F) Bought 2 new Champion spark plugs.
G) I found out this mower has another belt that was not mentioned in the manual: electric PTO belt. That snapped and got replaced.
H) I even just now switched to non-ethanol gas.

Everything was fine, I had no more stuttering what so ever. Until, my last cut about 3 weeks ago (we had no rain for a long time) it started to act up again. I would be able to cut for 5 minutes or so than it would sputter. So I stop, shut the blades off and wait for it to get back to normal. If I don't stop and do that, it will stall. Or, if I stop and shut the blades off and wait, and turn the blades on prematurely it will shut off.

So, I thought. It had been a month or so since I cleaned the air filter. Man, was that filled up with dirt and debris. I blew it all out and had it looking new and reattached. That seemed to do the trick, as the mower was now lasting longer than 5 minutes. That did not last long, as it sputtered again. Now it does not act up like this when I drive around with roller brush that sweeps the grass into the basket. So I am confused.

I am no mechanic but my guesses are that:
A) The fuel filter or pump is not working?
B) It could be fuel lines as I did not swap them out?
C) A long shot, but, maybe the battery? Because the mower just died on me before I did the tune ups.
D) Its been a couple months, but maybe the mower deck is clumped up and needs power washing?
E) Even though it was never touched or messed with. The lever that gives speed and choke?