Auto choke for a toro 20" recycler with Loncin engine

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Auto choke for a toro 20" recycler with Loncin engine
Glad to hear you got it going. Haven’t run into one like that since the first year Toro started using Loncin engines. That first year was hell, but after they reworked the engine and carb, only real problem I’ve seen is plugged jets, due to extended fuel storage. If you have it yet, could you post the units serial number, I’d like to know the year of the unit.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That was the whole reason for the post in the first place.
Looks like he has been using a catcher of come sort as the ID tag is missing.
The engine has no numbers on it either.
Usually the Loncins have a model & serial electro etched into the cases near the carb or at the back but nothing on this engine at all apart from the head casting number.
Got some photos if you can identify it by that.
There is an EPA tag on the side , a bar code on the deck & a sure start sticker on the engine.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A bit late but we have 4th world internet down here.
I had used my 10Gb of "peak" period data ( 8am to 3 am is considered peak ) so got choked to 256 kb/sec which ends up being 30 kb/sec at my modem.
And this is called Broadband :laughing:

Any way could not upload any photos so here they are now.
Don't know if anything on it is identifiable age wise.
I put the tap in and moved the filter so you cab take the carb off easily

IMG_1805.jpg IMG_1804.jpg IMG_1803.jpg IMG_1802.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It looks exactly like the Toro model 20314, except that the 314 has electric start. With that shaped deck I’d say it is no more than 7-8 years old. Here is a manual for a 2011 unit, which may be of some help in the future. It has a Loncin engine breakdown, and in my limited experience of Loncin, we’ve only seen them for about 10 years, most engine parts are interchangeable. If you ever need help on Toro please feel free to contact me. Not the brightest color on the chart, but know enough to get you in trouble. https://www.toro.com/getpub/68391

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't know why but that link just brings up a blank window
However I can usually log into the USA Toro web page using a URL Spoofer to pretend I am in the USA and download from there.
like most Aust web pages the local Toro one has no downloads on it , just advertising & the specs of current models.
So now I have a model number to search for will be easy peasy.
Thanks again.
Looks like there was some thing designed to be bolted to the rear right side of the deck, lots of holes.
Hopefully I will not be seeing this mower again for a long time.
We don't get many Toro push mowers down here, mainly the SP's and wide area walk behinds.
Toro Aust did a big push into local council ( local government) & golf courses a few years back but most of them seem to be returning to JD
Oz is a tough market for push mowers and we have been spoiled by having single lever height controls & snorkels for decades.
However the landlord did like the fact that it can cut at nearly 6" the sort of height we have adjusted the pasture mowers to cut at.

And I can get into trouble all by myself, loads of experience of doing that.
Like right now chasing 25 year old Shindiawa parts that may never have existed in the first place.
Never seen a line trimmer with a 34mm diameter shaft before.