drive belt idle pulley replacement

gatorblade

Threads
I need to replace my drive idler pulley on my 2002 Hustler Z 23hp. 60" mod.926253. Does the pulley come off the bracket, or the bracket and all come off? When does the tension spring come off?
Thanks rockman

gatorblade

Threads
I need to replace my drive idler pulley on my 2002 Hustler Z 23hp. 60" mod.926253. Does the pulley come off the bracket, or the bracket and all come off? When does the tension spring come off?
Thanks rockman

You know the saying, leave a person alone they will figure it out, maybe. Once I un-hooked the tension spring no problem. I wasn't worried getting it off, it's back on. The new pulley wasn't that much smoother, still had a little wobble also. I decided for $50 I would keep a watch on the old one. There was no play in the mounting bracket on the shoulder bolt. Is there generally a little wobble/noise, with 800 hrs.? Thanks gatorblade:)

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
800 hours I would say it should be wobbley.
Replaced the drive idlers on my cub cadet at 175 hrs.

gatorblade

Threads
Mower has always preformed so good, and only use it on our yard (3 acres). Hope I didn't jinx the mower as this week I also changed the hydraulic oil and adjusted valves. The motor seems to start and run better as I couldn't begin to get my .008 gauge between the rockers. I really do take care of my stuff!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Regular maintenance done right NEVER hurt any one or any machine:thumbsup:

gatorblade

Threads
Thanks for your input Scrubcadet 10. !970 spent 6 mos. at Ft.Hood with the 2nd AD after returning from overseas. My only trip to Texas. One can use a tank of gas between cities. Gatorblade:laughing:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Thanks for your input Scrubcadet 10. !970 spent 6 mos. at Ft.Hood with the 2nd AD after returning from overseas. My only trip to Texas. One can use a tank of gas between cities. Gatorblade:laughing:

Thank you for your service Gatorblade!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: