90's Snapper 21" Walk Behind gator blades

Threads
Hi. Just got what I believe to be a 90's, 21" steel deck, 5 hp b&s hi vac style snapper. Got it running, and the self propelled working, has the factory blade with the 3 holes on the wing tips. When I got it, it didnt have anything covering the chute opening, so I found an old steel side discharge chute locally. Wondering how these decks do with gator blades as I have a new one from a different project that didnt pan out too well. Plan on getting the mulching cover soon. Thanks.
20190718_120256.jpg

Last edited:

atomic67

Threads
Hi. Just got what I believe to be a 90's, 21" steel deck, 5 hp b&s hi vac style snapper. Got it running, and the self propelled working, has the factory blade with the 3 holes on the wing tips. When I got it, it didnt have anything covering the chute opening, so I found an old steel side discharge chute locally. Wondering how these decks do with gator blades as I have a new one from a different project that didnt pan out too well. Plan on getting the mulching cover soon. Thanks.
View attachment 44849

I have a '94 with a 5hp Kawasaki. It came with a Gator mulching blade when I got it. I have to put the rear wheels (10") beyond the last setting to get it to a proper height for proper mulching. The gator blade has incredible lift. I bought the mulch cover since I only side discharge when the grass get too tall (rarely happens). I love this set up and I have refurbished and sold multiple mowers, but I plan on continuing to use my snapper

Threads
I have a '94 with a 5hp Kawasaki. It came with a Gator mulching blade when I got it. I have to put the rear wheels (10") beyond the last setting to get it to a proper height for proper mulching. The gator blade has incredible lift. I bought the mulch cover since I only side discharge when the grass get too tall (rarely happens). I love this set up and I have refurbished and sold multiple mowers, but I plan on continuing to use my snapper

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I love this mower so far.

Threads
The gator blade I have is not compatible, so I bought an Oregon 99-119. Its the wavy mulching/3-n-1 type. Works great, more lift/vacuum than the current high lift, which I wasnt expecting. Cuts great.