Is this a good engine choice for a Turf Tiger 2?

Lawnmonkey

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking at a Turf Tiger 2 with a 72 inch deck that has a 26 hp liquid cooled dfi Kawasaki on it. I know the Turf Tiger pretty well, but considering it has a 71 inch deck, is the 26 Kawasaki a descent choice. I’m haveing a hard time finding a mower around me in stock with the 72 inch deck. I have a 61 now that I am selling cause it just isn’t enough. I mow 11 acres of very flat smooth grass, so the 72 is a better choice for me. I really like this turf tiger 2, just not sure if this is a good engine choice. The dealer is making me a good deal, I just don’t know anything about this engine as far as power, or reliability......thanks

3jakes

Threads
I have a 61" deck & that motor, Turf Tiger was new 2012.
It bogs down on hills while cutting reclaimed pasture.
Bought it used for a good price so not complaining.

mmurphree

Forum Newbie
Threads
Earlier this year I bought a new Turf Tiger 2 61" with the 26 hp liquid cooled dfi Kawasaki (STTII-61V-26DFI). Overall I am pleased with it and it is a beast of a mower. Most of the time it will go faster than you want to mow, but it does bog down on slight hills in the thick stuff.

If it matters to you, you might look at the manuals on the Scag site and compare the serial number to see what year the mower is. The only thing I regret is that I got in a hurry when I bought mine and think it turned out to be a 2017. I probably could have gotten a 2019 model without liquid cooling and dfi for less than I paid for mine.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd rather have your 2017 liquid cooled TT than a 2019 air cooled model. Just my opinion.

Luffydog

Threads
Motor choice good on the ka bad choice on the 72. It will scalp the ground easily

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd rather have your 2017 liquid cooled TT than a 2019 air cooled model. Just my opinion.

I would concur with that statement..

Luffydog

Threads
If we are talking about just the liquid cooled my two cents only way to go. Sorry I missed understood the ?