917289244 Craftsman YTS3000 - Mower will not move forward

MattRyan

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 917289244 Craftsman YTS3000 - Mower will not move forward
Hello all! I am by no means mechanically savvy, and after transporting my lawn mower recently it would no longer move forwards or in reverse. The drive belt had fallen off and seemed worn, so we replaced it. Now the lawn mower will only move in reverse even if the shift rod is in the forward position. I looked under drive console and discovered this bar has fallen out of this hole. Would this be the reason the mower will not move forward? I've checked the schematics and cannot find anything on how this rod is supposed to go into the hole, but it definitely looks like something is missing, I just don't know what.

I've attached a picture of it below. You can see the hole and rod that I'm assuming should be going through it. What am I missing???

Mower.jpg

MattRyan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay, after looking at it some more, it seems this piece isn't connected to anything and is just supposed to rest in there? The other side is the same way except the rod is through the hole. I managed to get the rod back through the hole, but when I try to put the drive console back on, the rod doesn't rest in the neutral position, and if I try to put it into the neutral position, the rod pops out of the hole again.

Any help?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The hole definately looks like that pin was in there by the wear & rust.
I have not done enough work on that to be familiar enough to give you a yea neah .
However this should be your set up
https://az417944.vo.msecnd.net/diagrams/manufacturer/husqvarna/tractors-ride-mowers/lt1942-96041031500-2012-07/drive/diagram.gif[SUP][/SUP]

In this diagram the lever # 134 moves left right to make the mower move back or forward.
so you need to look at all those levers & rods that run between 134 and the knob on the rear guard

Also note that the gate on the guard has a bit of adjustment so it could have moved during transit.
Check the 2 side straps # 172 if these are loose then the tranny can roll around the axels and make everything out of position.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That rod keeps coming out because the push nut on the end of the shaft is missing. Item 166 on the parts diagram part number 532429164

MattRyan

Forum Newbie
Threads
That rod keeps coming out because the push nut on the end of the shaft is missing. Item 166 on the parts diagram part number 532429164

Thank you for the reply, part 166 worked and everything is working perfectly now.

Do you happen to know what part I would need to order if the fuel filter on the fuel line is leaking? Gas is dripping steadily from it.

Thanks again.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The fuel leak could be something as simple as a fuel line clamp or worm drive clamp. The fuel line could be leaking where it connects to the filter, which you could possibly just cut the end off the fuel line if it is damaged and reinstall on the filter. or the filter itself could be leaking which is kind of rare but does happen.

Could be as simple as trying to use 5/16 fuel line on a system designed for 1/4 fuel line. Just can't clamp it without deforming the line at the fittings and potentially causing leaks.