Engine SCAG Turf Tiger Check Engine Light question

scagboi

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought a used Scag TT and I just noticed that the check engine light stays on when the key is switched to the on position, until the engine fires up, then turns off. Is that normal? Everything seems to be running fine. Model Number is STT61V-31EFI has the Kohler LH775-3015 Engine. Also, is there any available reference material for the engine light codes? The Operators manual says this about the light and nothing more:

"Check Engine Light (Figure 4-1).16. Indicates the operation of the engine sensors on the Kohler Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI). Light will flash once at initial start up. If a problem occurs with a sensor on the engine, the light will flash a code. See your authorized Scag Dealer for diagnosis and repair."

I can not find any info about light patterns at all for any scag.

Brian

Luffydog

Threads
Yes it is normal for the light to stay on until Unit is started. times when I have seen troubles the light is not on. For o2 sensor low voltage, coil out, tps, csps all those will not throw codes that I have seen yet. The only way to read any error codes is to have the software Kohler,Kawasaki,Briggs and they are stored in the computer of the engine or ecm. You can see live readings of engine real time or look at the history and current codes. Only time the software is good if a low voltage is present in the wiring or the part that is having issues. The other time I have seen a light do a series of flashes is mainly in the cold weather having troubles starting only at this time on Kohler engines.