Wisconsin Robin Snapper parts

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looking for a carb for this Wisconsin Robin W1-185V 4 stroke engine. Acts like the carb is gunked up, I just cleaned it. Possible I need to clean it again. Wasn't really dirty to start with. I have to choke it to restart even after running for a few minutes (fully warmed up).

Where can I get parts for this Wisconsin Robin 4HP 4 cycle motor?

How can I identify more info like an engine code and such? I know it's a W1-185V from the blower shroud.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got mine from ebay. I moved the choke to the new one because the new choke is higher than original.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor...796873?hash=item211a28b7c9:g:csgAAOSwKOJYIDQy

Must say that choke lever move was brilliant sir. Guess the carb still works other than the choke lever relocate? I know a carb is a carb for the most part. I was thinking I was having to do something like this to keep this mower alive.

I need to better test mine or actually look at the spark. Where can I get a new ignition coil for this?

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got mine from ebay. I moved the choke to the new one because the new choke is higher than original.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor...796873?hash=item211a28b7c9:g:csgAAOSwKOJYIDQy

Just ordered a new carb from ebay. Thanks for the heads up sir.

So swapping the choke lever, guess you would remove the screws on the choke plate slash choke shaft? Then move over to the new carb?

What about the fuel inlet? It's routed in a vertical fashion. Mine is about 5 or 6 O'clock so to say on a clock. Guess the fuel inlet pipe is pressed into the carb body right? Obviously rotate it to a downward position?

What about removing the original carbs inlet? Then installing on the new carb? Pressed into the body again? Reason is the fuel line is very small like 1/8" or 3/16". The new ebay carb slash Chinese carb has a much larger inlet tube. Looks like 1/4" from the ebay pictures.

slomo

upupandaway

Threads
Just ordered a new carb from ebay. Thanks for the heads up sir.

So swapping the choke lever, guess you would remove the screws on the choke plate slash choke shaft? Then move over to the new carb?

What about the fuel inlet? It's routed in a vertical fashion. Mine is about 5 or 6 O'clock so to say on a clock. Guess the fuel inlet pipe is pressed into the carb body right? Obviously rotate it to a downward position?

What about removing the original carbs inlet? Then installing on the new carb? Pressed into the body again? Reason is the fuel line is very small like 1/8" or 3/16". The new ebay carb slash Chinese carb has a much larger inlet tube. Looks like 1/4" from the ebay pictures.

slomo

choke plate - remove the 2 screws holding the choke plate and it slides out.

for the fuel, i took my crescent wrench to hold it and turned it to horizontal. (sorry but this is my idea that worked for me so don't quote me on it if yours breaks off)

you mean the fuel hose going to the carb?? I recall mine was same size (1/4"). Ill look.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
choke plate - remove the 2 screws holding the choke plate and it slides out.

for the fuel, i took my crescent wrench to hold it and turned it to horizontal. (sorry but this is my idea that worked for me so don't quote me on it if yours breaks off)

you mean the fuel hose going to the carb?? I recall mine was same size (1/4"). Ill look.

On the carb fuel inlet, I think these are thread locked slash pressed in. So rotating yours sounds right. Mine as mentioned is at 5 O' clock.

Yes the fuel inlet size. Off the tank at the fuel cutoff, that valve outlet is tiny. I tried the usual mower size 1/4" hose. It contacted the larger barb area only, not the pipe on the carb fitting and cutoff valve. This fuel line is 1-2 sizes smaller than 1/4" hose. It's the same size as the carb vent line that runs off the top of the carb.

slomo