Scag Tiger Cat II

skaliwag1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just purchased my first Scag ZTR. First issue with this mower: At 0.7 hrs. hydraulic line came loose to left hydraulic pump. Heard whining noise & stopped mower. Saw hydraulic fluid everywhere. Called dealer. He had me tighten fitting and fill hydraulic reservoir. Had dealer come to house and check mower. He said everything looked and sounded good. Maybe my mower was made on a monday? Anyone else have this problem? Second issue: when driving and hit a rough spot the mower deck gets jostled up and down and slaps down on the chains on the right side making a metal on metal clanking sound that is very audible and annoying. Anyone know a fix for this? All else seems to work fine. Thanks.:confused2:

MowLife

Threads
It’s common to have loose fittings and bolts....keep an eye on them and check for tightness every now and then. Vibrations loosen things up at times. As far as your deck....that is normal for a floating deck...make sure it’s hanging level with no slop at any of the corners.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have had issues over the years with our Tiger Cats leaking at that fitting. Normally after one or two tries we get all of the fittings tight and they all stop. As far as the deck normally if the chains are adjusted so that all are snug carrying equal weight that is not that noticeable. We have 5 of them. As far as I am concerned there is not a better mower out there than a Tiger Cat Scag. They are tough, will cut stemmed grass better than anything we ever tried, they are very quick and agile. My oldest now has over 2000 hours on it and has been assaulted. Keeps on ticking.