John Deere GX75 Oil Filter???

johnnyeverest

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi! I just bought an ol' GX75 in pretty good shape. I'm doing the basic maintenance to it (plugs, fuel filter, sharpening blade, etc.). I'm ready to change the oil but can't seem to find much info on the oil filter. One blog said that above the right hand rear wheel there is a plate with 4 nuts and that's the cover for the filter (a Fram C139PL or John Deere equivalent). Is this correct? Would greatly appreciate any guidance! Nothing runs like a Deere!

Johnny

IMG_1196.jpg

NorthBama

Threads
I dont think it has a filter just oil slinger

okiepc

Threads
Hello, I have a JD GX75, have had it for over 10 years, they are a very good machine if properly maintained. Now, as to the oil filter, I have the complete owner's & repair manual for the JD GX75, nowhere is an oil filter mentioned. Now, there may have been an add-on setup for an oil filter but I am not aware of this. I just use Mobil 1 10W-30 synthetic & change once a year, never had any problems. If I am wrong on this, someone let me know. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Actually, after reading through the Specifications, it stated "oil filter N/A" so we know now, there is no oil filter for the JD GX75.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
with that sort of regular care you deere should be running for a very long time.

okiepc

Threads
with that sort of regular care you deere should be running for a very long time.

Sure, maintaining any equipment is paramount. I keep my mower in my shop where it is dry, sounds crazy but I wash and wax it a couple times a year, keep the blade sharp & check tire pressure often. It always starts with a turn of the key & runs well.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No it sounds perfectly sensible to me
you can buy a lot of oil and wax for the price of a replacement mower.
The graveyard has lots of perfectly good ( ,if not a little rusty ) mowers that have no decks because theirs have rusted out & replacements are considered too expensive.

johnnyeverest

Forum Newbie
Threads
I dont think it has a filter just oil slinger

Hello, I have a JD GX75, have had it for over 10 years, they are a very good machine if properly maintained. Now, as to the oil filter, I have the complete owner's & repair manual for the JD GX75, nowhere is an oil filter mentioned. Now, there may have been an add-on setup for an oil filter but I am not aware of this. I just use Mobil 1 10W-30 synthetic & change once a year, never had any problems. If I am wrong on this, someone let me know. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Actually, after reading through the Specifications, it stated "oil filter N/A" so we know now, there is no oil filter for the JD GX75.

THANKS FOR THE ANSWER. AFTER LOOKING AT THE ENGINE AND GOING THROUGH BLOGS AND ONLINE MANUALS IT DIDN'T MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT AN OIL FILTER. SO I KIND OF THOUGHT MAYBE IT DIDN'T HAVE ONE AND THAT I JUST NEEDED TO CHANGE THE OIL AND NOT A FILTER. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

JOHNNY

johnnyeverest

Forum Newbie
Threads

THANK YOU MY FRIEND. BETWEEN YOUR REPLY AND ANOTHER MEMBER, I'VE GATHERED IT HAS AN "OIL SLINGER" AND NOT A TYPICAL FILTER. I WILL JUST CHANGE THE OIL AND REPLACE WITH TURF GUARD 10W 30 AS PER THE MANUAL. THANKS FOR HELP!!!

JOHNNY