Opinions On Which Zero Turn. Toro, Stiga, John Deere.

LeeH

Threads
  • / Opinions On Which Zero Turn. Toro, Stiga, John Deere.
My trusty and reliable workhorse second hand John Deere L100 ride on is getting a little small for my ever expanding grass area, so I'm looking to take the deck off it and retiring to just tailor pulling duties....its done as much of that has it has mowing over the past 4 years.

Due to its reliability I wanted to but another JD but the Toro looks much better value with its suspension and the Stiga looks a nice machine too.

Can anybody offer any advice? I don't know anything about Toro's but a friend has a Stiga that hes been very happy with.

Thanks in advance.

Toro Time Cutter HD

Stiga

[URL='https://www.mowers-online.co.uk/john-deere-z540r-eztrak-zero-turn-ride-on-lawnmower?search=zero&description=1]John Deere[/URL]

LeeH

Threads
Bit quiet on here...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
High Lee.
:welcome:
In the "more" section of the emojies is this nice little reminder that you are sad and lonely cause no one is talking to you :anyone:
This bumps your thread so those of us who use the "new since last visit" search will see you are still patiently waiting for an answer so fell free to use it regularly.

As for your question, normally I would advise against Stiga anything due to the rapid changes in distributors down here making the parts availability impossible.
Down here they change faster than we change Prime Ministers.
However being in the EU ( for now ) things might be a bit better over there.

The other problem is we have no idea what mowers you are looking at so a question like yours will get nothing but brand loyalty replies and they will be 50:50
After that we know nothing about your property or your grass.

I love the small JD ZTR's the Z225 & 335 are excellent mowers, properly designed , not just shot together to make maximum profit.
As a repair tech, I love the idea that the JD's used the same size bolts on everything so you only need 1 spanner and they give you that forged into the head of the deck lift pin.
The deer deck has a better lifting system than the Toro, but the Toro has a lot stronger deck & the option of a fabricated deck.

The Toro spindles are more expensive that the entire JD spindle housing & the Toro's use smaller bearings.
Just replaced one for $ 135 Aus compared to the JD spindle which is $ 75 complete.
Down here the Stigas use thinner shafts which are more prone to bending.

Chip1wa

Threads
Hey Bert! Good to see honest opinions from a guy who knows these mowers better than most-thanks to working on them.

I've been looking at that little Z335 from Deere as well. Pretty cool on John Deere that they built their mowers using many of the same sized nuts and bolts.

I'm torn as well, that JDz335, the Hustler Raptor/Raptor SD, or a Gravley. I know we're talking residential vs. entry level commercial machines, but I'm kneed deep in the info gathering stage before a ZTR purchase.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Chip,

We need a lot more information
Size of the yard , topography , type of grass/ pasture, rainfall snow etc etc