Which mower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibbigt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone I am sure this is here somewhere. But I am looking for a mower to mow between 3-5 acres. I want it to have commercial features but closer to residential pricing. I am hoping to spend under $6500..

I’ve been looking at BB, hustler, exmark, JD... looking for 54” deck I feel a 60 might be hard to get into some spots.

If anyone can tell me what they prefer and why or tell me a little about each one.

Right now I got a cub cadet zero turn and it’s 3 yrs old and about wore out. I mow twice a week. Some spots are a little rough so a suspension of some sort would be awesome if not def a suspension seat..

Any advice before I spend a good bit of money I just want the best mower I can get for the money..

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
If I were looking right now it would be a Ferris. Check them out. The 800 series would be the way to go for a serious homeowner with some acreage. Have to really wheel and deal to get in your price range I suspect. Lots of junk out there these days, do a lot of research before draining the bank account.

Tibbigt

Forum Newbie
Threads
If I were looking right now it would be a Ferris. Check them out. The 800 series would be the way to go for a serious homeowner with some acreage. Have to really wheel and deal to get in your price range I suspect. Lots of junk out there these days, do a lot of research before draining the bank account.

Yeah I would love a Ferris but I don’t think I can get one for the price I want to spend.

Tibbigt

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am completely wrong. The Ferris 600 is only $5700 I feel that’s a great price for one of the beta mowers on the market..

Anyone else got input here?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some mower shops also have end of year sales to make room for next years stock. Around here that starts in Aug.. But your area may be different.

Tibbigt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well at this point this forum seems like a complete waste of time!! Congrats everyone for making a completely worthless forum!! :thumbdown:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You started a thread 30 hours ago wanting input on making a purchase. Now you say that this forum is a bust and you’ve wasted your time. You asked for free advice from expert technicians and professional landscapers. We do this because we enjoy using our expertise helping others who appreciate us. Do you think that we are sitting here waiting for individuals to ask questions and we will jump for them. Members on this forum have lives too. Sometimes it will take three to four days for knowledgeable people to get back with answers. Your question would have been best answered by the landscapers, but they work Saturday at this time of the year and most have families also. If you are that impatient you probably would not have liked the info that could have been provided, because I feel you really wanted someone to rubber stamp a decision you have already made. Two members did reply, but you blew them off, why should others waste their valuable time. You may feel this forum is a waste of your time, which is your opinion, but there are thousands who have come here for help and are extremely appreciative of the members patiently working with them. We will continue to work with those who understand how help forums work and hope there are not to many impatient snobs who waste our time.

DK35vince

Threads
Well said Rivets.
Guess the OP thinks no one else here has lives and should be at his beckon call.
Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.