Which mower

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chairman

Threads
You guys are vicious. That'll certainly stop peeps from asking questions.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don’t know why you would say that, I just called it like I saw it. Expecting quality answers in less than 30 hours, from busy professionals, is inexcusable. Then his attitude toward the forum shows me that he has no idea what to expect when using this forum. The professionals on this forum who try to help others should not have to deal with people like him. He’ll have to get his answers the old fashion way, hit the bricks and talk to the pros in his area, but that might be too much work for him. I just figured that I couldn’t let his post rest without a reply defending the professionals on this site who offered their expertise at no charge to anyone. All they ask for is a little respect when their advice helps someone out.

The Chairman

Threads
I called it like I saw it too. I didn't realize that being a professional sucked out your patience and empathy. It doesn't need to. b I'm sure them noobs will think twice before they ask another question. I run a form for diving with many professionals, and we would not allow such an attack. With that, I'm out of your special forum here. Nothing here I really need. Have fun. Don't be so harsh with the noobs.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don’t see where I lost my patience. The OP lost his because he didn’t get the info he wanted as fast as he thought he should get it. Your forum must work differently than this one, as most professionals here have full time jobs, which mean they respond when they have time. This is not an instant chat forum and 95% of those who come here for help understand that. If you would look at the statistics for this forum, you would see that everyone here, from the admin down to the backyard mechanic, are doing something right.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You guys are vicious. That'll certainly stop peeps from asking questions.

No we are being perfectly reasonable.
It is a sad state of affairs that people now days have no patience , are massively self obsessed and plain old nasty then get vicious when they don't get what they want when they want it.

Part of the change in communities where lots of single children are doted on by their parents till they actually believe not only does the universe revolve around them but they are the very reason for the universe existing in the first place.
HE will probably have a phone with 2.5 million selfies on it , 100 thousand shots of his dog & one of his mom .
Even worse he wanted a mower yesterday not tomorrow, tomorrow is too late cause he will need something else tomorrow.

The forum designers made a nice little friendly way of asking for help when you have not found what you are looking for :anyone: but he was way too important & impatient to go looking for it
On top of which his opening sentence tells us of his character
I want a commercial quality mower
I will not pay for that quality

Which is massively different to
My budget is $ xyzt what is the best I could get for it ?

His attitude reminds me of the things ( even moron is too good a description ) that march through my gate laving it wide open then demand I sell them one of my $10 trade in push mowers or $ 100 trade in riding mower.
And they want it with new blades & belts cause they don't have the time to replace such items cause they HAVE to mow their grass RIGHT NOW.

No one here is paid for their time or expertise and this applies to Joe Public, just as much as it does to the techs.
Your time is worth something and no one has the right to DEMMAND your time unless they are willing to compensate you for it.
If they ask you for your time then it is up to you weather you will give some of it to them .
However this person is demmanding your time, your time right now because he does not have the time as if his time is substantially more valuable than any one else's time.

Now if I was till on the forum that paid me for my time ( motorcycles not mowers ) this forum would be owing me hundreds of thousands .
But I am here to repay the debt I owe to others who provided me with the information that I needed 4 years ago when I took over the repair run and to keep current with new problems that have not come through my gate to date.
And that information took months to acquire, not hours.

So the curt response he got to his abusive post was quite justified.

He rather reminds me of a couple who drove past my workshop twice a day every working day , then chose to stop ( in a dangerous place ) get out and abuse me because I do not advertise on Face Book which MADE them spend $ 1400 they did not have on a new mower so their credit card is now maxed out.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I for one appreciate all the advice given here FREELY by the professionals.. :thumbsup:

Romore

Threads
My, he was an impatient little beggar wasn't he. I am on the left coast, probably wasn't out of bed when he posted. I just saw this thread, it is after 7 so he is probably snoring in front of the tv by now. I have to echo the other sentiments. We are on our own time here, it is strictly voluntary, and get to it when we have time and feel so inclined. I am a mod on another forum and have gotten flak for taking too long to approve a post. Gimme a break, you are in New Jersey there is a four hour time difference.:rolleyes: Sometimes a question comes along that nobody has an immediate answer for so it takes time for the right person to pick up the thread. Keep up the good work guys, I am enjoying it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We used the same trick as my parents did when one of their kids threw a tantrum.
We got locked in a cupboard
If we were in public they just walked away.
Apparently all of us had stopped throwing them by the time we were 5

We used a similar treatment on out kids and they stopped throwing tantys very early as well.
Although we were charged with child abuse on more than one occasion because we put a gag on the kids & tied their hands to their sides.
Latter on when things got heated, the sight of the gag caused an immediate rethink and they calmed down very quickly.
From the time they started school we were congratulated on how calm & well behaved our children were.
My wife got great pleasure sending these school reports to the do gooders and to Child Welfare , although none of them ever appologised.

Unfortunately some children get rewarded with extra attention when they throw a tantrum or even worse their parents give in and the children get exactly what they want.
These children never grow up & think if they throw a tantrum then they will get what they want right now, even when they are old enough to be grandparents.

It is most likely a waste of time posting this because TIBBIGT is probably somewhere else jumping up and down waving his hands , stamping his feet and holding his breath till he goes purple.
And no doubt he will find some one who will go "there there darling, stroke is forehead and run around in circles knocking themselves out to appease the "poor little darling".

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well said Bert !!! :thumbsup:

I thought I was the only kid to get locked in the closet, when my parental units deemed I was bad.

But both my younger sisters were always angels...

Status
Not open for further replies.