Which mower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo45

Threads
It spoke volumes to me when he said he wanted a commercial mower, at a residential price....

The Chairman

Threads
Too funny. Quick enough to bash the user, me, questioned our combined lineage and still no one has answered his question. Good job! :D :D :D

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Actually the first responder , Tom gave the OP Tibbigt a suggestion, the Ferris.
The next responder suggested some end of season deals.
Now perhaps the penny has not dropped yet that there are some questions that have no answer, like what is next weeks winning lottery number ?
There is no commercial grade mower suitable for the Tibbigt's yard that is cheaper to buy than a residential mower.
There are a lot of mowers in his price range but none are recommended.
Or perhaps some people who may have had an opinion do not feel Tibbigt is either worth the effort of helping or have a problem with people attempting to bully them.
In Tibbigt's forst post he mentioned he was looking at 3 brands but made no mention of models so what sort of answer can be given to that ?
I’ve been looking at BB, hustler, exmark, JD... looking for 54” deck I feel a 60 might be hard to get into some spots.
So which Bad Boy , Hustler , Exmark or Deere was Tibbigt looking at ?
No body has any idea so what sort of a review of a BRAND rather than a Model would you expect him to get ?

HE might know but we do not know be he seems the thing that we have to know and we have to respond to him.
If some one walked through my door called me "a useless waste of his time", he would get the same treatment , ignored .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And I notice that your profile says you own a Hustler but I did not you making any attempt to either sing the praises of you Hustler nor point out it's shortcomings.
You sought to condem Rivet's response which was quite reasonable, but make no attempt to respond to Tibbigt's post either so have made no useful contribution to this post either.

Now should Tibbigt come back with something we can make a comment on , those who are not offended might feel inclined to respond but there has to be a question than can be responded to.

The Chairman

Threads
The man specifically asked professionals and I assume he meant professional yard men. I was a mere mechanic for thirty years who morphed into running the largest web site for Scuba diving, became an instructor in the process and now owns a 10.82 acre "yard". I own a Hustler that is definitely NOT for commercial use. I pointed out that you were vicious to his strident plea for an answer.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The man specifically asked professionals and I assume he meant professional yard men. I was a mere mechanic for thirty years who morphed into running the largest web site for Scuba diving, became an instructor in the process and now owns a 10.82 acre "yard". I own a Hustler that is definitely NOT for commercial use. I pointed out that you were vicious to his strident plea for an answer.

It was a normal "which mower post" badly worded so we really had not idea what he was talking about and no one made any comments about him till he posted
Well at this point this forum seems like a complete waste of time!! Congrats everyone for making a completely worthless forum!!

Now perhaps there is a language difference between American & Australian but all I see in that comment is petulance agressiveness
There was nothing strident it is strait out abuse.
made even worse as he could not be bothered wasting his time informing us which Deere, Hustler , Bad Boy or Exmark he had looked at .
There is around 50 different mowers he could have been talking about.
Are we supposed to do a treatis on the entire 40" to 50" market ?
In fact he was so bone lazy he could not even be bothered to tell us which model Cub Cadet he had worn out in 3 years.
Not in his post and not in his profile.
Then in 30 hours he holds his breath stamps his feet leaving the above post.
I do not know what sort of parent you are but that sort of thing was not tollerated from any of my kids or their friend who may have been in my care.
There was no reason to say anything other than "no answers, see you latter or a plain good bye or nothing at all.
But some one who leaves a post like that then runs away is nothing short of a coward & deserves the replies which I doubt he ever saw .

I have this & 4 other related forums on the work computer so when ever I go to write an invoice or search for a part I will make a cuppa and log on.
Others only log on on the weekends or one night a week so going off after 30 hours is not reasonable and will never be tollerated on here.
If for no other purpose than to show casual browsers the level of courtsey that is expected.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
I totally agree with Bert... :thumbsup:

paulsgrass

Threads
In answer to the Original post. This forum is unfortunately indeed dead. There is so much good information here from previous years. Shame the that the forum is unable to get a bump start of some sort. Possibly spend a little money adverting could go a long way.

Lawn Addict
Threads
paulsgrass- maybe you need to look some more to something more suited to you..

paulsgrass

Threads
paulsgrass- maybe you need to look some more to something more suited to you..

Do you have a life ? 2000 posts ??? No you obviously do not have a life........ there is a name for you but I will get banned. It begins with the capital letter " L " !

Status
Not open for further replies.