Starter Shims

Threads
I was given a Harmony 2013 Riding Lawnmower, the Previous Owner said he stopped using it because he was tired of having it worked on he said it had been to the Honda Dealer 4 times at least for issues with starter sims, Does anyone know anything about this? When I first tried to start it the Starter spun but the bendix wouldnt engage so I oiled it up and its been working fine. I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about these shims. Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In all my years of working on small engines, I’ve never heard of shinning a small engine starter. I don’t like the idea of oiling the bendix on small engine starters, it becomes a dirt magnet. I clean and dry all the parts and if I feel it needs lubricant, I use a small amount of powdered graphite.

Threads
Okay, I guess i never thought of it that way I've never herd of using shims either. Maybe it was some kind of a B.S story from the Honda Shop because they didn't know what was going on or they were trying to get him to buy a new mower. My Parents took there Honda Rototiller to a Stihl shop because it wouldn't run and they said it had burnt valves and no compression which I knew couldn't be true. I replaced the Carburetor it's ran fine since. Where do you get the Powdered Graphite?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hobby shop, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Menards all should carry it. You also need to find different repair shops, from what you say, those techs don’t know how to troubleshoot a child’s trike.