honda hrm21 question

maxster94

Forum Newbie
Threads
(bertsmobile1 ).

Thx for reply. It does seem to me float issue but when I take bowl off it’s approx 2/3 full. So seems should be where it needs to b. Jets oblong May be good.
What caused it all was it was running little weak then I ran it out of gas trying to finish up last bit of yard. I thought running out of gas may have god something in carb, took apart couple times before seeing o-ring on jet was bad. I ran out of thoughts with carb why I wanted to check key.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
But when you add the float to the bowl the fuel level will rise.
The height of the fuel in the bowl makes a massive difference to the volume of fuel that a flow of air will draw into the engine.
I like to take the bowl off & work it manually while blowing into the fuel line (Yummy petrol lips ) .
The valve must cut off the air before the float touches the carb body.
Fuel pumps put out around 7-10psi so you can also pull the fuel line off at the pump and see if it will hold against 10 psi
But I like to see exactly where the float is when it shuts off the valve.

Over time the tang that pushes on the needle can both bend & wear away and a very small dent in the tang equates to a lot of float movement.

maxster94

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: honda hrm21 question. Updated

Ok. So after The replies and going over the mower. I decided to buy a new carburetor. I put the carburetor on today and the mower fired up and is running great Thx for help even with the misunderstanding about where the fly wheel was. Lol