FS90 faulty primer bulb

Gahzula

Threads
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone would happen to know why my primer bulb doesn't pickup any fuel. I have had the carb apart when I bought the machine second hand and cleaned it up nicely. (didn't prime before this clean up)

When fully pressed it comes right back up almost instantly with no fuel at all.

Here is a video of the primer bulb once I've had the strimmer running for around 10mins:

https://youtu.be/YS8v3eip5xs

If anyone could advise then it would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks
Jay

deminin

Threads
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone would happen to know why my primer bulb doesn't pickup any fuel. I have had the carb apart when I bought the machine second hand and cleaned it up nicely. (didn't prime before this clean up) When fully pressed it comes right back up almost instantly with no fuel at all. Here is a video of the primer bulb once I've had the strimmer running for around 10mins:https://youtu.be/YS8v3eip5xsIf anyone could advise then it would be greatly appreciated!Many thanks Jay

Have you tried a new Primer Bulb? This one looks kind of "brown", and may not be providing the vacuum needed to prime the carb. I keep a few bulbs on hand....just a few cents on EBAY....and replace them routinely whenever the bulb starts to loose its "elasticity", and starts to turn color.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The PURGE bulb draws air , then fuel out of the carb and returns it to the fuel tank, which is pressurised to around 7 psi.
In order to do this it has a check valve ( some times 2 ) so the air & fuel can only go one way, from the carb to the tank.

If yours is blowing bubbles then chances are the check valve is not working and air is being pushed back from the tank through the purge bulb and then most likely through the carb.
Some carbs also have check valves in them some don't.When you take the bulb off that little brass bit is a check valve.

When I first started the carb rebuild kits would have check valves in them and the repair tool kit came with punches to remove & replace them.
Now day the carb gets tossed.

You can order in the base ( metering chamber housing ) that has the check valve in it but generally it is more expensive than the replacement carb

Walbro have a wonderful web site with pretty pictures & diagram showing exactly how carb cabs work & where all the bits are so if you really want to know then search for it.
The manuals & even videos have a link in the bottom right hand corner of the page where they are hard to notice .
And before you tell me it is a Zama / Ruixing or Wing Foo, they all work exactly the same regardless of the brand and in fact, a lot of parts are interchangable between brands.
Two types of cube carbs, butterfly throttle & rotary throttle, the brand name means nothing.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
4180 120 0611 Carburetor C1Q-S174 $35.04

At the Stihl dealer.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Price of the base...

4180 120 2207 FLANGE $20.09

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Carb Kit....

4180 007 1060 CARB PARTS SET (FS110) C1Q-S72 $28.90

Gahzula

Threads
Have you tried a new Primer Bulb? This one looks kind of "brown", and may not be providing the vacuum needed to prime the carb. I keep a few bulbs on hand....just a few cents on EBAY....and replace them routinely whenever the bulb starts to loose its "elasticity", and starts to turn color.

Ahhh I didn't really think of that as it seems to look in pretty good condition apart from the colour! I'll give this a try first

Thanks!

Gahzula

Threads
The PURGE bulb draws air , then fuel out of the carb and returns it to the fuel tank, which is pressurised to around 7 psi.
In order to do this it has a check valve ( some times 2 ) so the air & fuel can only go one way, from the carb to the tank.

If yours is blowing bubbles then chances are the check valve is not working and air is being pushed back from the tank through the purge bulb and then most likely through the carb.
Some carbs also have check valves in them some don't.When you take the bulb off that little brass bit is a check valve.

When I first started the carb rebuild kits would have check valves in them and the repair tool kit came with punches to remove & replace them.
Now day the carb gets tossed.

You can order in the base ( metering chamber housing ) that has the check valve in it but generally it is more expensive than the replacement carb

Walbro have a wonderful web site with pretty pictures & diagram showing exactly how carb cabs work & where all the bits are so if you really want to know then search for it.
The manuals & even videos have a link in the bottom right hand corner of the page where they are hard to notice .
And before you tell me it is a Zama / Ruixing or Wing Foo, they all work exactly the same regardless of the brand and in fact, a lot of parts are interchangable between brands.
Two types of cube carbs, butterfly throttle & rotary throttle, the brand name means nothing.

Wow, what a reply!

Very in-depth, thank you for that.

I think it'll be a new carb job then by the sounds of things as I think it's still the original carb on the thing.

Just another thing since you seem to be the man that knows his stuff,

I've just had the machine running for 20mins but the bloody thing will not idle. I've bottomed out the throttle cable screw adjustment at the top of the machine (swivel assembly) but just not sure how to adjust this at the same time as the idle screw on the carb (bottom screw)

Anything I can go off?

Many thanks
Jay

Gahzula

Threads
Carb Kit....

4180 007 1060 CARB PARTS SET (FS110) C1Q-S72 $28.90

Thank you for the reply Fish!

I think I've got the Carburetor C1Q-S110C on my machine.

Does this have to be swapped for exact or the one you mentioned?

Thanks!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The other one is still available too.

4180 120 0601 CARBURETOR C1Q-S98 $35.04
4180 120 0604 Carburetor C1Q-S110D $35.04