Z655 kaboom. Pics....

Jimbo45

Threads
Should ship with muffler gaskets nuts & washers.
The commercials ship with engine mounting bolts.

Which is a point I just remembered
All of the Kawasaki engines I have fitted use nuts & bolts to hold the engine , not self tappers so you will need to buy some grade 8 or 9 bolts.
Check that the bolt holes line up if not the shop you bought it from has a hot link to the bolt pattern template which you can print out.
If it does line up you might need to drill the mounting holes one size bigger so they are the same size as the holes in the mower.
I did not do this one time and the engine decided to shift that tiny bit then the mower shook really badly, took me a long time to sort it out.
No matter how tight I did the bolts up the engine still shifted .

Mounting bolts were tapped on the original and new motor. Bolted right on, only mods were to swap there old starter on because the new one didn't have a solenoid built in, used the old muffler, and trimmed the air filter cover a touch on the hood part that covers the carb, so it clears the engine guard when flipping it open. Fired right up and the boy mowed about 10 minutes in the dark. So far so good! He's gonna mow a yard tomorrow, then we'll clean it up and put it up for sale.
20190711_203608.jpg

Jimbo45

Threads
Can't believe that's the way that engine shipped from the factory.

The muffler was in a separate box, I set it there for a pic, b and there was another foam bag on top of the motor. I was actually pleased with the packing on this motor