Pressure Washer Problems.

Bluuplanet

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy-Built 2700psi pressure washer with a couple of problems.
It has a 7.75hp B&S "Ready-Start" engine. (No choke or throttle...just an electric on/off switch)

If I haven't used it for a few days, I pull the cord and it starts easily on the first pull, but...

Problem 1:
As long as the motor stops as a result of turning the switch off, it will restart easily, but if the engine runs out of gas or stalls, there is apparently no spark and it doesn't fire when trying to restart. Turning the switch off and on doesn't help. The only thing that helps is waiting till the next day...or maybe wait a couple of days. Then, it starts right up.

Problem 2:
When it's running and I pull the trigger, the engine bogs down and it seems the force needed to turn the pump is too much for the motor. So much so, that when I released the trigger about 15 minutes ago, the engine stalled (see problem 1)
This problem seems to have gotten worse. Last year, it would alternate between having enough power to operate the pump adequately, then it would take intermittent spells where the engine would bog down. Now it bogs down whenever I pull the wand trigger.

bogdaN

Threads
Reading your post I would say fuel problem.Take carb a part and clean it good.Dan

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Agree. And I'd guess you'll find some crud and maybe some water in the carb bowl. I like to hold a glass under the carb when I take off the bowl to catch some of the fuel, see what it looks like.