John Deere LA 150 - Tuff Torq K46 Transmission swap

adrian_001

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / John Deere LA 150 - Tuff Torq K46 Transmission swap
Hello, I have a John Deere LA 150 with a bad transmission (K46 BE / serial # MIA 10911). See attachment.

Will a K46 AC transmission (serial # AM 131580) fit my LA 150? If so would it be a direct fit or would I have to make some mods for this to fit in my mower?
Also, would there be any difference in gear ratio between the two transmissions?

I have no information as to what model mower the K46 AC transmission I hope to be able to use came out of so I can not cross reference the fit by the donor mower model number.

Also, would anybody have any info on a website that listed John Deere lawn tractors (and maybe others) from present day and went back to possibly the eighties or nineties year models and showed all the transmissions that were used in each model?

I thought I had it saved out to my favorites but have looked for hours with no luck. It was a pdf file I believe.

Thanks
My tuff torq K46.jpg

adrian_001

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been able to determine that the housing kit part number (1A646098110) is the same between the two different models of K46 so I am certain that the transmission I found will bolt up under my mower.

Also, all the specs from the tuff torq website ( https://www.tufftorq.com/product/k46/ ) are shown just for a K46 in general and do not appear to be model specific.

Here is the link to the K46 transmission listing for all mowers.

https://www.tufftorqservices.com/instance1/servlet/WebDispatcher?mode=comnet&nextMode=&nextURL=

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
One thing I've seen different in a series of hydros is the axle end, some are keyed, some are splined. Usually can tell by a picture. About anything else can be worked around to make it fit.

adrian_001

Forum Newbie
Threads
One thing I've seen different in a series of hydros is the axle end, some are keyed, some are splined. Usually can tell by a picture. About anything else can be worked around to make it fit.

OK, thanks. Will check that out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Also the brake can de internal for jd's & external for most others