Sthil FS 55 throttle

cabdor

Threads
I have a stihl fs 55 The throttle cable hangs up full throttle wont return to idle. I replaced the throttle with a new one. Same thing hangs full throttle. Hope some one can send me in the right direction . Thanks cabdor

MowLife

Threads
I’ve seen where the throttle plate in carb sticks at wide open or possibly a wire broke in the cable. Remove the cable at the carb and manually open throttle blade wide open and release to see if it’s sticking there. Inspect the spring while there. Ale sure no bend in cable routing. There’s also a spring in the trigger handle.

cabdor

Threads
Thanks for your input. I have replaced cable with a new one. same old thing stickes wide open. Also replace caruburator.

MowLife

Threads
The only other area to check would be the trigger assembly. Make sure the trigger assembly it not torqued too tight putting a bind on things?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unhook the throttle cable from the carb the work the trigger
It should always close easily.
with a screwdriver or similar work the throttle on the carb with no cable connected , it should snap back

If not and there is nothing obstructing it then suspect the throttle return spring on the carb.
Also suspect the carb mounting screws, people do them up like they are holding an aircraft carried against a hurricane which can distort the bodies and cause the throttle to bind.