Left wheel is not as responsive as the right one

Pete6114

Threads
Left side is not like the right side at times when trying to make small adjustments. Different feel to it..When i try to do harder adjustment to go around things or change direction, it at times does not react to what i.m trying to make it do.
Does anybody have any tips for me, or has anybody ran into this sort of issue?

MowLife

Threads
Are you talking about your body or a mower lol. Have no idea without a model

Pete6114

Threads
It's the left wheel, rear wheel to be exact., on a IS5100Z with 72 inch deck.
Guess i'll be taking the pump off and take a look inside it.

MowLife

Threads
Yes could be the pump or wheel drive. Is it possible the bypass valve is not closed on that side.

Pete6114

Threads
Yes could be the pump or wheel drive. Is it possible the bypass valve is not closed on that side.
I know virtually nothing about ZT Mowers and it's pumps. Would that bypass valve be inside the pump? Where is a good place to buy rebuild kits/parts?

MowLife

Threads
There should be a release valve on each pump. This is so you can push it without fighting the hydrolics. I’m not familiar with your pump but should be there. Many have a lever or a hex bolts out unloosen.

MowLife

Threads
There should be a release valve on each pump. This is so you can push it without fighting the hydrolics. I’m not familiar with your pump but should be there. Many have a lever or a hex bolt to unloosen.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Start by locating the mower identity tag then posting all of the numbers from it or better still photograph it and post the photo ( excludes the fat finger problem )
Then go to the Ferris web site and download the parts manual and if there is one the service manual and if you can not find the one that came with the machine the owners manual.

Over the years I have found that left had drives pack it in more than right hand ones which I found puzzling till one day replacing a blown engine I noticed there was a lot more dust on the left wheel motor & pump.
From then on this was checked and sure enough the left side is always dirtier.
The cases need to be clean so the oil can cool to correct operating temperature, dirty cases cause the oil to get too hot which makes it thinner and have less drive so you open the controls further .

The hydros should have an ID sticker on them as well so photograph & post that as well also go to the makers web page & see what is there in so far as parts breakdowns, service literature and FAQ's where you might find a fix.

With hydros the magic word is clean.
'The units must be very clean all over if you decide to pull them apart.

Pete6114

Threads
Mower I.D Tag:
Part No. 5900602
Serial. 2012624215
I've downloaded the Parts Manual but no luck on a Service Manual yet. We just replaced a leaky Hydro Tank, which was warped on the bottom and when it came time to fill it up, the owner of this Mower filled it with Semi-Synthetic, which i know is not what's called for and might be the reason the tank warped in the first place.
I'm going over to the owners place (neighbor) this afternoon and will try to get a picture of the Pump Tag.
Assuming this problem is in fact the pump, should the right one, that's working fine, be replaced as well being that there are 1000 hours on this mower or wait till it too has problems?

Pete6114

Threads
Left medium.jpgRight Medium.jpg
Left and Right Pump Tags