Briggs v-twin loose valve guide

Tmack69

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm working on a Briggs 22 horse v-twin I noticed the valve guide moved up and caused the push rod to bend. What's the fix for this? Newby to the forum.

MowLife

Threads
Normally it’s suggested you replace the head. You can probably press the guide back but it more than likely won’t stay put. I have read and seen on YouTube where people have scored up the guide before pressing back in and had success. I personally have not tried this.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sometimes Knurling is a procedure to compensate for that condition. On non precision applications I've used a center punch to solve the problem by punching 3 rows of punch marks equidistant so an item has a better chance of remaining concentric.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knurling

Tinkerer200

Threads
I have very inexpensive fix I developed plus a couple of others I have permission to share, they are permanent. Address below,put in proper format and remind me what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

Tmack69

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah, l know they suggest you buy a knew head just willing to try anything that might work. Doing this for a friend he's not going to put 300 on a set of heads. Thanks your help is very appreciated

Tinkerer200

Threads
Yeah, l know they suggest you buy a knew head just willing to try anything that might work. Doing this for a friend he's not going to put 300 on a set of heads. Thanks your help is very appreciated

Didn't see my post above?

Walt Conner

Tmack69

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have very inexpensive fix I developed plus a couple of others I have permission to share, they are permanent. Address below,put in proper format and remind me what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

Thank you for your help,
Timmy McCollum

Tmack69

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Walt Conner I thought about staking it in but didn't know if it would hold in that aluminum head the fix you gave me should work

Timmy McCollum