Walk behind LEAKY TRANNY HRX537

lr0584

Threads
I AM IN IRELAND USEING A HONDA HRX537 WALKBEHINDE MOWER . I REPLACED THE AXEL SEALS ON THE HONDA AS THEY WERE LEAKING , AFTER REPLACING THE SEALS I AM NOT SURE OF THE PROCEDURE OF REPLACING THE LUBERCATION ,OIL IN THE HYDRO TRANSMISSION . I AM NOT SURE OF THE AMOUNT OF OIL TO ADD TO THE HYDRO . IS THERE A AMOUNT TO USE AS IN A AUTOMOBILE ? THERE IS NO DIP STICK SHOWING THE LEVEL TO FILL THE OIL TOO .I AM NOT SURE IF YOU OVER FILL THE OIL IF THIS WILL NOT ALLOW THE HYDRO . TO OPERATE AT IT FULL SPEEDS ?

PLEASE IF ANYONE IS ABLE TO HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW .

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

You must use Honda hydrostatic fluid in the transmission. If the level got that low, you may have to bleed the air from the system. There are instructions online from Honda on how to do it. I believe the transmission must be removed and sort of oscillated in a circular motion.

My Honda HR215 mower has the hydrostatic transmission, but the cap has a built in dipstick, not sure on the model from overseas.

Regards

Jeff

lr0584

Threads
Hello,

You must use Honda hydrostatic fluid in the transmission. If the level got that low, you may have to bleed the air from the system. There are instructions online from Honda on how to do it. I believe the transmission must be removed and sort of oscillated in a circular motion.

My Honda HR215 mower has the hydrostatic transmission, but the cap has a built in dipstick, not sure on the model from overseas.

Regards

Jeff
Good morning Jeff:

Thanks for the quick reply ! Are you able to direct me to the Honda site that THEY HAVE THE DIRECTIONS on refilling the hydro. tranny ? I have had this tranny out of this machine several times . I have bled this thing many times ,with no success .My back side hearts just thinking of another tranny pull . That is the only way to resolve this problem .

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

There is a post in this Honda forum "HRM215 Hydrostatic Transmission Fluid Change" that has several PDF files that show how to do it. Just search on this post.

Regards

Je