Mower deck zero turn power blower/bagger issue

chris3353

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

I have a Z665 with a blower bagger setup from a Z655 HC deck. (they did not make one for my mower so it gt a little fab work)

Anyway,, Worked great last year, and still blows and bags now but i an getting a clog inside the hood, where the bluck of the air needs to discharge (vertical milk crate type grate).

I tried to alter the way the air stream discharges inside the hood and it makes it worse. the grass blows around and settles between the chute and grate and prohibits the exhaust from functioning. It blows so hard it pops the left side of the hood up and grass comes out there.

I used compressed air to clean the bags, no change. I then used my power washer and still the same problem. I do not know the micrn of the OEM bags or if a larger mess is available. There are never any specs listed. I am considering cutting an exhaust into the hood but thought i would ask others of modifications before hack a $$$ mistake.

I do have areas with bare dirt and patchy grass because of construction. when the dirt kicks up I am sure it is not helping the bags breath.

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• 20190704_093911.jpg
    20190704_093911.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20190704_093859.jpg
    20190704_093859.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 2
D

Deleted member 97405

Hello all,

I have a Z665 with a blower bagger setup from a Z655 HC deck. (they did not make one for my mower so it gt a little fab work)

Anyway,, Worked great last year, and still blows and bags now but i an getting a clog inside the hood, where the bluck of the air needs to discharge (vertical milk crate type grate).

I tried to alter the way the air stream discharges inside the hood and it makes it worse. the grass blows around and settles between the chute and grate and prohibits the exhaust from functioning. It blows so hard it pops the left side of the hood up and grass comes out there.

I used compressed air to clean the bags, no change. I then used my power washer and still the same problem. I do not know the micrn of the OEM bags or if a larger mess is available. There are never any specs listed. I am considering cutting an exhaust into the hood but thought i would ask others of modifications before hack a $$$ mistake.

I do have areas with bare dirt and patchy grass because of construction. when the dirt kicks up I am sure it is not helping the bags breath.

Thanks,
Chris

There is a loose weave bag available through Deere. See item #13 on attached screenshot. Sometimes those blowers push too much volume of air and the excess blows out the upper grille. If you cut a hole in the lid, the grass will follow the airflow (that is why the upper grille gets clogged) and not go down and completely fill the bags. Try these loose weave bags. This usually rectifies this issue for my customers here at the shop. Good luck!

Capture.jpg