Where can I get 23 x 10.5x 12 Tire + Rim? And a seat cushion

Threads
  • / Where can I get 23 x 10.5x 12 Tire + Rim? And a seat cushion
Risking blowback as I own a Yazoo-Kees (and there is "history" between the two brands and they are quite similar),but there is no Yazoo-Kees forum, so here it goes.

Hi.

New private owner. Have several scrapped dirt properties, code enforcement has become crazy about vegetation enforcement, mowing contracts were killing me (Austin has no unemployment, landscapers can ask whatever they want, just walk away if you try to negotiate), so one day while driving down I35 outside Waco, I saw a used Yazoo-Kees 60" ZTR for sale out of the corner of my eye with sign on it, U-turned at next exit. It had 1,500 hours on the dial, bought on the spot for $900.

Knew zero about these things beforehand (but know cars -- have 15 collectors), so read up, rolled up sleeves and dove in. Engine compression and leakdown are great (Kohler engine, not Kawasaki), spindles tight, blades not nicked at all. Renewed belts (seller gave me belts with deal, changed even though looked like they didn't need it), flushed engine and hydraulic system, did some adjusting (control handles) and tuning (plugs and fuel pump), otherwise just cleaned it up for about $100 all in.

Have put 25-30 hours on it so far with (almost) no issues.

One rear tire doesn't hold air well even after pumping it full of slime, rim bead is beat up, so looking for tire+rim combo as I don't want to find someone to mount it (preferably with a chevron tread to match the other side).

Tires are easy to find, 4 bolt pattern rims less so. Any idea where I can get one?

And when I was hauling it home on my car trailer, the lower seat cushion blew off (rotted 1/8" plywood base - was this original/standard?), been using an old foam pillow, would like to upgrade, so looking for one of those as well if you know where to get them.

MowLife

Threads
Have you concidered putting a tube in the wheel. Be a nasty job with that slime in there though.

Threads
No I haven't.

Can you unbead then reseat the bead yourself with some fire irons or doI need to take it to someone?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tyre irons are fine although all small rims are a PIA.
Fill drum or something similar with water as slime ( and all of those goos that do ,nt work ) is water soluible .
Also allow time to strip the wheel treat with rust converter then apply 2 coats of a good enamel because all of those goos lift the paint/ cheap powder coating and accelerate the rusting of the steel.

Threads
Got it. Thanks.

BTW, with regard to rust removal from big things -- car rims, suspension components, etc. -- have you ever tried molasses?

It is actually a decent chelating agent. Really.

I have a 55 gal molasses dipping barrel -- 5 gal molasses to 50 gal water. (you can buy 5gal of molasses for $20). I use it on car parts I am restoring. Same vat for three years, only now starting to lose its efficacy.

Smells awful, gotta keep a lid on it

It's a process that requires patience -- takes 2-3 weeks compared to minutes or hours for other solvents -- but cleans a rusty wheel as well if not better than an alkaline/acid dip or sand/media blasting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mol...j69i57j0l4.12692j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Standard practice with top quality tools which of course are never ever chrome plated.
And yes it stinks but the good thing is the spent molasses solution is magic in the garden, diluted about 10% in rain water.
Really gets the soil fungi going.

The down side is you can only use it once so after the whatever has been treated it needs to be kept lightly oiled for which gun oil is magic.