Toro questions

jamespowers

Threads
I just scored this Toro mower last night but it sure has me confounded as I could not find any identifying numbers anywhere on it. I suppose it is old enough to have any stickers gone off it.
One way or the other it looks a lot like a Snapper I have with many of the same engine configurations. I have to pull the carb off because it will not run off the carb. IT will run with starting fluid so I know it runs.... The problem is finding the right carb kit for something without numbers. :p Here she is:
00t0t_i0Q4KdWh8kg_300x300.jpg

Nailed it for free so I am not worried about spending a few bucks getting it running right. Any help as to model and year would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, to all,

J

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things. One I’ll bet if you look under the sheet metal on the handle you’ll find the model and serial numbers. Second the engine numbers should be stamped into the engine shroud, either above the spark plug or on the side.

jamespowers

Threads
Already checked the handle sheetmetal. I am going to check the other place right now.

Thanks,

J

jamespowers

Threads
Ok, You were 100 percent right. I got Model 110908, Type 0380-02, Code 80110404 4 HP 187cc.
After removing the cheap plastic cover and revealing a nice Briggs and Stratton labeled motor< I have no idea why you would cover that up with a big ugly cheap piece of plastic. :D