Blades spin slow if pto disengaged re-engaged during session - Model 126

ehedgespeth

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Blades spin slow if pto disengaged re-engaged during session - Model 126
I have what I think is an odd issue since I can't seem to find any mention of it anywhere. If I run my mower with the blades engaged during the entire cutting session everything works great. I can mow for 30-40 minutes and no hiccups. If at any time during cutting I might need to shut the power off or switch the pto off the blades spin very slow when I engage them again. It sounds like the choke is fully open as well and if you try cutting the engine sounds as though it will die (it doesn't). If I leave the blades engaged and drive for about 2 or 3 minutes all will start working again. Or I let the mower sit for about 20 minutes and then it's good. I have cleaned under the deck, everything seems in order. The belt appears good. I change oil, filters, plugs at the start of every mowing season. I have had about 3 or 4 mowing sessions with it this season before the problems started. The mower, Model 126 52" has a little over 100 hours. Any ideas on where I should start? I'm a bit at a loss since it only happens when I need to shut the blades off and back on. Thanks

ehedgespeth

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Blades spin slow if pto disengaged re-engaged during session - Model 126
I finally fixed my issue I do believe, so for anyone else having similar problems. The mower did start losing power and behaved as though the choke was on without me stopping the blades. I decided to change the plugs and fuel filter once again and so far it has been running great. Not sure which might have been defective but apparently one of the two items was not quite right. The plugs looked ok so I suspect a faulty fuel filter perhaps. I thought it had to do with me stopping the blades but apparently, that was not the case. So if anyone else has power issues after a tune-up it may be because of your tune-up :)