Repairs Toro Mower Shuts Off When Bag Removed

scnrfrq

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro Super Bagger Model 20197. Lately it's been shutting off when I remove the bag to empty it. Is there a switch I need to clean, or something else I can do to fix it?

MowLife

Threads
I have seen mowers with a safety switch in the discharge area which triggers if there is no bag or mulch door closed. I personally would shut it down anyway if I was removing the bag.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have a BBC unit, does it shut off when you let go of the bail handle or when you remove the bag?

scnrfrq

Forum Newbie
Threads
You have a BBC unit, does it shut off when you let go of the bail handle or when you remove the bag?

No it keeps running when you let go of the handle, and it's supposed to keep running when you remove the bag too.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m assuming that you have released the bail handle first, the blade has stopped and then you are removing the bag? The unit will stop if the bail is not released and you try to remove the bag.

scnrfrq

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes I released the bail handle. It doesn't shut off every time, but most of the time when I take off the bag. I've had the mower for a few years, and it just started doing this. If I can find the switch, maybe I can clean it?

Switz

Forum Newbie
Threads
My lawnmower is doing the exact same thing lately. Did you find a fix for you issue