Lawn boy needs a working carb

Capp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got two of these lawn mowers and both have carbs that don't work well. I took one apart yesterday and cleaned it. After I put it back together it started and ran, do you here a but coming on:laughing: I can't get the RPMs up to where it has enough power to cut the grass.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Capp

I see on some internet sites that sell these carburetors made of steel that cost less than 20.00. Has anyone tried these on their lawn boy silver series?

viperv10

Threads
Hi, welcome to the forum. Could you tell us what model you have? A silver series could be an F, V,or E series engine. You might try turning the the wheel on the air vane clockwise a few clicks. This should get you some more RPMs. Maybe you didn't get the spring back on the air vane correctly. That's just a couple of things to look at. Metal Walbro carburetors are between $150 and $200. A plastic carburetor for a V engine is under $100. I haven't seen any for $20.
Regards
Jerry

Capp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, Jerry I have the numbers you needed
1. 10323 Serial#210037236

2. 10323 Serial#9931406

I worked on number 2 last week, it's the first one I bought. Great little lawnmower, it went around steep banks with no problems. It sat in the shed for a few years before I could get to it to work on it. I took the carb off and it was a little dirty, cleaned the carb all over set the float to 7/16. Put it all back together and it started on the first crank. I started mowing with it, I even got on the slope to see if it would do that and it did. Then all of a sudden it quit as it ran out of gas. I pumped the primer 7 times, and she came back to life ran until it ran all the gas in the bowl out then stopped again. I'ts starving for gas and I can't figure out what to do. And the grass keeps growing lolol. Do you have any suggestions? The other one is doing the same thing, I need them fixed, to me there the best lawn mower I've ever had.
I'm working on number one tomorrow maybe I can get it and it's evil twin working.
I've read where some people tell you to put a Briggs part in one and make it bigger. I this is true and it will make it work I'm all for that.
Mark

viperv10

Threads
Hello again. Well it looks like you have duraforce mowers, a '99 and a '01 model. Yes many people put the Briggs and Stratton pilot jet part 801308 in to make them stop surging. It helps them to run a little richer. It goes on the side of the carb under a little sticker. I have done this on my 3 duraforce mowers and all the ones I have worked on. But that won't help with the mower starving for fuel. If that is what is happening, it sounds to me like the float is sticking in the up position, with the needle still in the seat. It must not be dropping when the fuel bowl empties so it can let more fuel run into the bowl. I am no mechanic, I just tinker a bit, but some of the things I would do is make sure the float is moving freely and not in a bind on the pin. Check to see if you are getting good fuel flow through the fuel line from the tank. Maybe the screen in the bottom of your gas tank is clogged with dirt and grass or maybe check you gas cap and see if the vent hole is plugged. If your tank is sealed to tight it can cause a vacuum and it will stall the gas flow to the carb. I am sure there are some other guys on this forum that can give you some good advice. Good Luck.

Jerry