My good friend got a deal with a catch

Mick Oz

Threads
My friend just bought at auction a husqvarna zero turn ez4824 bf . Now at the time it would not run at all.
He asked me to have a look at it, however by the time I got round there, he had it fired up with a new battery and by passing the seat switch.
It runs drives stops all really nice, however when you pull up on the PTO switch to engage the blades, the engine dies. It does not bogg down like a stuck deck bearing, it is shut down fast like a safety switch.
The throttle control lever does not stay at max but when released moves back to 3/4 throttle, not sure if that is an issue. I am thinking reverse switch stuck on with one of the control levers, but I thought that would kill the blades not the engine. Whats your thoughts please?

MowLife

Threads
The seat switch may have not been bypassed properly causing it to shut down when engaging blades. If you pull the kill wire off the coil it should bypass all the safety switches. If everything works without the kill wire hooked up then you have a safety switch or wiring issue.

Mick Oz

Threads
Thank you I did not think of that

Mick Oz

Threads
I did interupt the kill wire for the engine, see pictures. Now when the PTO/ Blade button is pulled up the engine stays running, but the blades still do not activate.
I know I am missing something obvious, should I just replace the seat switch, or is there another way I can get the blades to run ?

Mick Oz

Threads
Forgot the pics. One is voltage regulator with the coil wires off to one side
One is the spade connector that I popped into the kill wire. When connected the engine dies as soon as the pto switch is used. When disconnected the engine continues to run as I pull the pto switch.

Attachments

• IMG_7473.JPG
    IMG_7473.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7474.JPG
    IMG_7474.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 9

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You will find the wiring diagram for the mower on the Husqvarna USA web site under the service section
The browser might keep sending you to the AUS web page which is about as much use as double sided dunny paper.
Download the manuals, owners & parts.
You will need the serial number to make sure you get the right one.
At the back of the owners manual you will see the wiring digram

Missing from the diagram is the starter motor & the engine connections
The box marked "engine pig tail" has 3 wires
Purple ( 12 V feed back to the battery
Grey +12 to the fuel solenoid
White, kill wire to the magneto.

The seat switch is a simple single contact and not needed to start the engine as the cranking circuit is the yellow wires.
The letters shown in the diagram are on the back of the switch
S=Start
M= magneto
G = ,Ground
A = Alternator
B= battery

Mick Oz

Threads
Thank you, I got a copy of the manual with wiring diagram, it looks straight forward. But I cannot see why the blade pto being activated should be stopping the engine, or why with the engine ground cut the engine runs and the blades still will not.

Attachments

• IMG_7478.JPG
    IMG_7478.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 6

Mick Oz

Threads
Is there a way for me to tell if its being caused by the pto switch blue wire on the diagram still not activating the electric clutch which is the blade drive. Sorry for all the posts, I just feel bad when I say I will help, and I cant find an answer

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the switch is working you will get battery voltage on the purple wire with the switch off and nothing on the blue
Then when turned on you will see the blue wire now shows battery voltage
Somewhere near where the clutch wires go through the floor will be a 2 pin plug
Undo it and check for Battery voltage on the blue wire and ground on the black wire,
If you have that then the problem is in the clutch .
The wires tend to break off just where they enter the clutch because people do not tie the wire tight to the clutch ( including the factory ).

Taryl Fixes All shows how to fix a broken wire at the clutch with some self tappers on his U-Tube channel .

Mick Oz

Threads
If the switch is working you will get battery voltage on the purple wire with the switch off and nothing on the blue
Then when turned on you will see the blue wire now shows battery voltage
Somewhere near where the clutch wires go through the floor will be a 2 pin plug
Undo it and check for Battery voltage on the blue wire and ground on the black wire,
If you have that then the problem is in the clutch .
The wires tend to break off just where they enter the clutch because people do not tie the wire tight to the clutch ( including the factory ).

Taryl Fixes All shows how to fix a broken wire at the clutch with some self tappers on his U-Tube channel .

Thankyou Bert, I appreciate the time you have taken, I will go rpund tomorrow and test.