My good friend got a deal with a catch

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you go round, take a couple of fuses with you and replace the fuses on the mower
They suffer from weather and get quite corroded.
IF it turns out to be the clutch, search out a vendor who sells Prime Line parts,
They are the best value clutches but still not exactly cheap.
There are a couple of different clutches fitted to the EZ series & it looks to me that one of them is not a good fit as the pulleys rub on the clutch wires & cut through the insulation allowing the wires to short out everywhere.
One clutch has a pigtail which Taryl fixes in the video and the other has the wires plugging into the clutch itself.
The latter type are the ones that chaff and if I called them a moungrel to get at that would be too polite.
The plug has a catch on it which is almost impossible to get at once the clutch is fitted to the engine.
If you have a mirror on a stick, take that with you as well.

Mick Oz

Threads
Looks like he needs a new switch, thanks again

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They are a lot cheaper than the PTO clutch.

Mick Oz

Threads
Well I am afraid that I am back, sorry to say that when I fitted the new pto switch,, the engine still dies instantly when the pto switch is engaged.
I ran jumper wires from the battery to the PTO CLUTCH and it clicks quite strongly, so I believe the blade clutch is working.
I am a bit stck gentlement, time for a few beers and a head scratch!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Better for a cup of tea and some colouring in pencils.
Back to the first answer from MowLife, the seat switch is not by passed properly or the wiring is grounding.
When the PTO is pulled the brown wire from the seat & brake switches are connected to the magnet kill wire via the M terminal on the key switch.
IF either one of them has a ground contact the engine stops.
With yer bum in the seat, the seat switch wire should be open so there should be no ground from it.
With the brake off the brown wire from the PTO switch connects to the green wire from the M position on the key switch in a closed loop with no ground

So either the brake &/or seat switch is faulty and making a ground contact or the wires between them are pinched some where and making a ground contact
Pull the plug from the brake , seat & PTO switches
Check the double brown at the PTO switch for a ground.
IF you have one then the wires are shorting to the body somewhere
If not then the seat or brake switch is giving you a ground when it should not.
Connect the seat switch with yer bum in the seat check the double brown for ground.
If you have one the problem is in the seat switch
disconnect the seat switch & reconnect the brake switch.
With the brake off there should be no ground on that double brown.

I find it easier to understand if I manually jump the switch connections using some short wires with a spade on each end to emulate the switch in different positions.
However I always take the kill wire off the magneto just in case I accidentally jump 12V to the magneto which will kill it dead.

Mick Oz

Threads
Thank you Thank you. I was starting to feel very bad cause I hadd said I would help him, and nothing I was doing helped.
With your help the mower deck now starts up just as soon as the pto button is pulled.
You made me look good folks and a decent bloke has a working mower.
Thanks