Simplicity 7116 Hydrstatic Runs for a while then dies and won’t restart

Baccus06

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Simplicity 7116 Hydrstatic Runs for a while then dies and won’t restart
The last few times I mowed the lawn, the tractor has stalled out. I try to restart it but all it does it turn over. I will let it sit for hours and then it will restart and I can use it for a while and then it will stall out again. It is gravity fed so no fuel pump and it seems to be getting spark. Any thoughts on why it keeps doing this? It didn’t do it at all during the winter while using the snow blower. Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tip a very small amount of fuel down the carb throat next time it stops
Starts right up = fuel blockage or as you were blowing with it water in the fuel.

Baccus06

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve run 5+ gallons of fuel though it since winter and when I disconnect the fuel line from the carb I get a good stream of fuel coming out as it is gravity fed. I just checked again and it fired right up. It runs for more than an hour before it dies. But next time it dies I’ll try putting some gas in the carb.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Over time semi floating debris accumulates in the fuel tank
When the engine is running and fuel is being drawn off they all end up being sucked towards the outlet much like hair on the shower floor.
It is an easy problem to both diagnose & fix

I like to start at the easy.

If the fuel down the carb does not get an instnt response then it is time to pull the plug & check for a spark.
If there is no spark then time to pull the blower housing off and check for a spark again.