Repro Flojet Float Carb 3HP Engine

aceaceca

Forum Newbie
Threads
I see very reasonably priced new Flojet type carbs for sale in Medium and Large size. Is there a small size. Would the medium be compatible on a 3hp Briggs. Are these carbs fairly well made, I want to switch to one for use on a Whizzer type motorbike with peanut tank and limited space.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, but there is no FloJet carb available for the low hp engines.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For that application you will most likely find a Tillotsen is the go.
They do a range for racing Briggs engines .

aceaceca

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry, but these engines did come with the flojet carburetor number295607. Multiple engines on ebay now.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don’t blast us because you don’t like the reply. You didn’t even post the model, type and code numbers for you engine. We had to use our experience to determine which possible type number you had (there’s about 100) and if any carbs would be available. They may have come with small FloJet carbs, but they are no longer available, as I posted.. The medium or large FloJet carbs will not bolt to the engine, as the intake manifold is larger. They also have different size jets, which are not interchangeable between small, medium and large. If you want to take a chance on EvilBay items, that’s up to you. A better bet would be to get a carb rebuild kit and find an experienced mechanic to clean and rebuild it for you. But then what do I know.

aceaceca

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry to make you testy. All I wanted to do was correct erroneous information.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you would read my post, I said they were not available, not that they were not used.