Husqvarna 24 hp mower will not move forward or reverse

Alweeja

Threads
  • / Husqvarna 24 hp mower will not move forward or reverse
All I did was remove and fix tire. Now I have no movement. It was a rear tire.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you pulled the wheel off you have either lost the drive key or accidently activated the bypass valve.

Alweeja

Threads
When you pulled the wheel off you have either lost the drive key or accidently activated the bypass valve.

How do I determine which is the problem? How do I lose the drive key, and how do I replace it? How may have I de-activated the bypass valve and how do I re-activate the valve?

I really appreciate the help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The wheel has a slot in it as does the axel
In the slot is a 3/16" ( or thererabouts ) square and 2" long lump of steel.
Sometimes this stays on the axel, sometimes it stays in the wheel then drops out when you are working on the tyre.

As for the bypass valve, read your owners manual.
If you don't have it download one from the makers web page, they are all there and they are free because of a legal ruling.

deminin

Threads
How do I determine which is the problem? How do I lose the drive key, and how do I replace it? How may have I de-activated the bypass valve and how do I re-activate the valve? I really appreciate the help.

What model Husq do you have? If you pulled a rear tire, you may have dropped/lost the "key" that fits between the wheel and axle....or, while working on the mower you may have bumped the bypass lever. Here is a IPL of the area in question...

http://service.webec.husqvarna.net/...nNAes/HUSI2017_NAenNAes_115959749_2017-10.pdf

This IPL is for a Yth24v48....on page 8, item #2 is the key, and item #99 is the rod (located on the rear plate between the tires) that operates the bypass.

Alweeja

Threads
Some great information. I really appreciate the info. Now I have to try and use it.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
How many threads are active on this topic?

I'm having trouble dealing with this topic. There seems to be GHOST replies to this question. Maybe he will find the key some day. I'm dun.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
need a moderator to merge these topics probably.

Alweeja

Threads
The Key was never found. I made my own key from a tire pressure gauge and now I am back to cutting grass. Sorry if their was any confusion on my part.